what to do when you have a sweet tooth :-/

Options
13»

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    1/8th to 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper in hot water. Drink it down.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I fully agree with eating what you like, but planning for it so you don't exceed calories. With that said, the more you limit sweet things to start, the more you're lose your sweet tooth. Give yourself 3 months of abstaining, and you just won't crave it like you do now.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
    Blend 1 cup Almond milk + 1 tbs peanut butter + 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder + ice. ( I personally think it tastes like a chocolate milkshake)
    90 cal Fiber One brownies. Put in microwave, top with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
    A couple squares of dark chocolate topped with a tbs of peanut butter
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    diet soda
    drinks sweetened with stevia
    nonfat plain greek yogurt sweetened with stevia and topped with something like Hershey's cocoa or fruit or...?
    diet bars
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I grab a handful of grapes and snack on that when i get a craving. Today instead of grapes to satisfy my sweet tooth urge, i ate a juicy peach (so juicy it was dripping all over the place)
  • tameroo2
    tameroo2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Dole banana dippers
  • aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I highly recommend the snack size weight watchers fudge pops. They're chocolaty (YAY!) but only 45 calories per bar. I love chocolate and ice cream but I'm terrible at keeping my portions small, so these are perfect. Case in point- I ran out the other day and was craving peanut butter + chocolate and made the mistake of getting a bag of reeses miniatures. I CAN'T just eat 2 or 3 i just keep getting one more... one more. Totally blew my calorie goal like 3 days straight because of that.
  • chobani93
    Options
    Totally with you about having a sweet tooth the size of a refrigerator!

I'd gotten set in my ways that things that should really be occasional treats, were fine to have every day. If I saw a movie, I'd devour a king-size bag of M&Ms and a chocolate ice cream - but "it'd be okay!" because I was seeing a movie! Yeah, no... I'm a film studies major, so I see movies a few times a week... and therefore would have that 900cal binge a few times a week too.

For the first few weeks of my weight loss, I didn't allow any sweet treats at all. No candy, no ice cream, etc - my cravings were curbed with fruit, or nonfat yoghurt with stevia & cinnamon. I found that over time, my cravings actually subsided! I'm not hankering for candy or chocolate ~all the time. It just takes patience.

One of my all-time favorite 'treats' now is nonfat plain Greek yoghurt with about a teaspoon of low-sugar lemon jelly crystals mixed in - tastes like a decadent lemon cheesecake but is actually under 100cals. Insane. Berries are also fantastic - they're super sweet but have WAY fewer calories and sugar than you think!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I eat a 100 Klondike Slim a bear ice cream sandwich or a TCBY fudge bar which has only 80 calories. Lots of times I eat a Tootsie Pop. It takes a while to eat, has less that 100 calories and satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • samatra
    samatra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too love sweets---try dark chocolate (or a sprinkling of chocolate chips) with a TON (1 cup) of raspberries, strawberries, some light Cool Whip....tasty and pretty filling (for a dessert).
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate when i'm craving something sweet after dinner. right now i love chocolove's dark chocolate sea salt with almonds. if i'm craving ice cream, i make a smoothie with an overripe banana, peanut butter, yogurt, green vibrance, berries and almond milk.

i don't keep cookies, cake, or ice cream in the house. if people at work bring in donuts or anything like that, i just don't go into the break room until they're gone (which doesn't take much time!).
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just have something small like a kids size chocolate bar or a couple of Jaffa Cakes :-)
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Honestly, I've found that having a smoothie every morning has really helped curb my sweet tooth. I no longer am going through my day craving something sweet because I had it first thing in the morning. And it was good for me. I also have little peppermints and gum with me at work if i want something sweet, mint is really overpowering and you generally don't want to mix any other flavors with that. I've been meaning to make a batch of frozen bananas on a stick covered in melted chocolate and whatever other toppings sound good. If it is the middle of the day and I'm craving something sweet, I will have a protein bar. There are plenty of nutritious brands out there with dessert flavors to quell the sweet tooth, plus they keep you full longer. These are the many random things I do to stop the sweet tooth from winning.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I have a big time sweet tooth too. I actually really love dark chocolate, so I keep a bag of bite-sized treats around. That usually does it. There are also tons of ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc treats that are low cal. Something I read recently was to have your "dessert" for breakfast. Have your fruits or something sweet in the morning. This will usually curb the cravings later in the day and you aren't snacking late in the evening.....and sugars before bed aren't an issue.