Cup of Lemon tea will keep me slim?

Options
I heard many saying drinking lemon tea will help not to put on weight? I am not sure if it's just a myth. I like to drink Lemon Tea but I don't want to reduce my weight. I always feel insecure while drinking lemon tea.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Weight changes occur because you ate too many or too few calories relative to your TDEE. Lemon tea doesn't allow you to break the laws of thermodynamics.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you stir the tea counterclockwise to counteract the lemony fatburnitrons in the tea and you should be all set. Counterclockwise, counteract — see? Solid science.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I heard many saying drinking lemon tea will help not to put on weight? I am not sure if it's just a myth. I like to drink Lemon Tea but I don't want to reduce my weight. I always feel insecure while drinking lemon tea.

Seriously, think about it.

Why would a cup of tea do anything?

It is that logic where people think they can eat a bucket of fried chicken and 10 big macs every day but if they drink a diet coke with it, that counteracts all the calories they ate.
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It might not help you lose weight exactly but it's great to get your system going in the morning I drink a cup of hot water and freshly squeezed lemon every morning and it's great for clearing out everything from the day before (if you know what i mean :tongue: )
  • Archanasatyam
    Archanasatyam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It might not help you lose weight exactly but it's great to get your system going in the morning I drink a cup of hot water and freshly squeezed lemon every morning and it's great for clearing out everything from the day before (if you know what i mean :tongue: )

hahhahaha.. i agree.. lemon, honey and tea.. all containing anti oxidants.. are great to sip in any time of the day..
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Tea makes you feel insecure? :huh:

Anyway, no, the tea will not, in and of itself, affect your weight.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Gotta love your sense of humor.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Try it and report back.
    Thanks.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    From your profile..

"About Me:
    I am trying to put on my weight ever since my childhood, but still I am skinny as before . Guys I do also accept friend requests too.."

I really do not think `lemon tea` is going to stop you increasing your weight. In my humble opinion I think food may have more of an impact?
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If it did we would all be guzzling lemon tea by the gallon.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Maybe OP is just TEAsing us? :laugh:
  • windweasel66
    windweasel66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Crying TEArs of laughter lol
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Nope, lemon tea won't get your metabolism going or help you lose weight. The only way it helps is if it replaces other more calorie-filled and vitamin-free drinks. It has fewer calories and more vitamin C than a can of Coke.

Vitamin C and proper hydration are a good thing in and of themselves. So, if you enjoy lemon tea, drink it.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If this somehow works, get your butt off MFP, go to the frickin patent office and go for your Nobel Prize.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    8376458B711F5C8D87850B818251D.jpg

Fixed that for ya.

As for the tea - no. Drink your tea. Eat more calories than you burn. Weight gain. Profit.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you stir the tea counterclockwise to counteract the lemony fatburnitrons in the tea and you should be all set. Counterclockwise, counteract — see? Solid science.

Almost fell out of my damn chair...thanks for the giggle.
  • bmr8008
    bmr8008 Posts: 3
    Options
    Truth... ;)
  • ramshareen
    Options
    8376458B711F5C8D87850B818251D.jpg

Fixed that for ya.

As for the tea - no. Drink your tea. Eat more calories than you burn. Weight gain. Profit.

thanks pal for fixing it :flowerforyou:
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    All these jokester's aside, I've found that drinking tea in general helps curb my appetite. Since it takes a few minutes to prepare it gives me time to think about whether or not I'm actually hungry. It's also typically warm or hot and this has a soothing filling affect on my stomach when I've been eating lots of salad and am now craving a noodle dish. :)