Do you use your phone to help achieve fitness goals?

Options

Replies

• gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use iSmoothrun to track my runs, along with my HRM, while running I use the Audible app to listen to an audiobook (I could do this through Ismoothrun but choose not to.) Then the app syncs all of the details of the run back to MFP, Fitbit and dailymile. Which are all things that I also use. I was also using the C25K app as well.

The fitbit app allows me to see my activity during the day (while wearing my fitbit flex) which feeds in here and the daily mile website updates the widget I have on my website.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I think my Android has had to do A LOT with my new let's-be-healty-and-fit-lifestyle. I use it to track my running and cycling with RunKeeper, and I've trained for a 10K and a 21K with that app's plans. I just signed up for a Sub 60min 10k, scheduled to start the week after my half. :happy:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Something I don't think has been mentioned in addition to all the above is Sleeptime which allows you to monitor your sleep, though Fitbit now does that for me too.

Seriously though, there is so much to smartphones nowadays, the number of apps you use is only limited by your imagination! Welcome to the 21st century, I feel sure you're going to enjoy the experience :happy:
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use my iPhone more than I use my computer! I use MFP (of course), mapmytracks to keep track of all my runs/walks, etc. I also use Sworkit for trainer like workouts. A smart phone is a must have.. it's helped me so much throughout my journey. :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I am a complete techno-monster when it comes to using my iphone for fitness. Here are a few examples:
    * MFP app - for tracking calories in/out and being held accountable (I wish forums worked on the app).
    * Polar Beat - Ties into my heart rate monitor and GPS to document walks and runs.
    * RunKeeper - Keeps stats on miles traveled, set specific goals.
    * Gain Fitness - Lets me set up strength training workouts from the downloadable exercise packs with reps, sets and rest periods. This is like having a personal trainer with me in the gym.
    * Low-Glycal - Helps me look up the glycemic index of foods so I can make better choices.
    * Couch-to-5K - Provides a progressive interval training program to get ready for a 5K.
    * Repeat Timer - A timer that lets me set up times for interval style training or timed exercises (e.g., planks).
    * BGFitness - Ben Greenfield's app that includes his podcasts (one of the best on the market).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitness Apps Currently on my phone:

Zombies,Run!
    Zombies,Run! 5k Training
    Nike+Running (GPS tracking for when I don't feel like listening to the Zombies,Run! story line)
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fitbit
    My Weight (charts weightloss, determines average daily/weekly loss)
    MyFitnessPal (must have, bar code scanner is extremely helpful)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use MyFitnessPal on my phone, of course. I also use Runkeeper & Nike+ for walks/runs and, of course, iTunes, Pandora, and Spotify to mix up the music selection. I've recently started using StrongLifts on my phone for lifting.
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Answering to your question ! Yes it has helped a lot, I probably could not be able to do it if not for my smartphone.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    nope i have a dumb phone.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have Runtastic (the free version) and MFP on my phone. Runtastic tracks my distance, elevation change and speed of travel and calories burned while I'm out wogging. I find it REALLY helpful.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    All the time, I use

[] GymPact - Negative motivation
    [] Runkeeper - Positive encouragement
    [] C25K - Training Plan
    [] Slacker Radio - Tunes!
    [] MFP :wink: - Barcode scanner keeps things easy
    [] Google Maps - For when I'm somehow lost
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use:
    - MFP to track calories
    - Full Fitness to track my runs and lifts
    - 5K runner for the initial 5K
    - 5K forever to improve my 5K time
  • RusselHowe
    Options
    A great way to lose weight is to bring a pair of headphones to the gym so you can watch television as you perform cardio. This simple distraction will make cardio more bearable and you'll also be well informed of current events if the news is on. You'll also be able to perform longer.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    MFP for certain. Couch to 5k is next project.
    A shopping list app really helps too.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    runkeeper and mfp - Awesome combo!
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was so old school :noway: till my husband finally talked me into a smart phone. Now I LOVE it. I really use it alot with all the apps they have out there and ones that everyone mentioned. And I was so anti smart phone until I had my hands on it and now. I dont know what I would do without it. I know I could live without it if I had to , But I dont and I wont. :bigsmile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP
    Rundouble.com C25K etc app
    Fitbit

on Android phone (HTC)
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I did but then I got stronger and switched to weights :wink:
  • FixIngMe13