Replies

• Chemburly12
    Options
    Option 2.

Higher protein. Lower sodium and sugar.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Can you go ahead and give us the rest of the food in your refrigerator and pantry so we can plan out the rest of your meals and snacks for you....and tell you how much you suck for even having the food you have? That would save time.

Bwahaha.gif
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So...is my Yoplait light good enough for you snobs??
  • firstofnone
    Options
    I only eat plain non fat greek yogurt, thats what I recommend.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I QUIT!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    When you look at the containers, which one do you really want to grab?

Eat that one.

3g of protein in the grand scheme of an entire DAY is not a big deal.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Serious yogurt thread is serious! Personally I will eat the one I like the taste of. I severely dislike most greek yogurts, especially plain.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I QUIT!!

Quotes-n-Sayings-10.jpg
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Gee! the poor girl asked which one someone eat.....and people go on a rampage....

In answer to your question I would chose #2, plain Greek yogurt is not for me I eat Yoplait Greek 100 Calorie 2x Protein it taste good to me and it is endorsed by Weight Watchers.....??

100 - Calories
    0 - Fat
    14 - Carbs
    9 - sugars
    10 - protein

You eat what ever one taste best for you.....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't understand you people at all. I'm not trying to be negative. Its just that it seems well. like a lot of sodium and sugars in your Yogurt.

Here is what I do.
    I have two goats that I have specifically for goat milk to make yogurt. If they dry up, then its goat jerky time, but that's another thread.

This is all you need.
    Goat milk
    Starter Yogurt (I buy it online)

You just heat up the goat milk to 180 degrees,

Pour milk and starter into mason jars.

Let it sit for 8 hours

Refrigerate

Eat!

This isn't that hard to do and its soo much better than the mass produced stuff in the stores.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is serious business.

Option #2
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't understand you people at all. I'm not trying to be negative. Its just that it seems well. like a lot of sodium and sugars in your Yogurt.

Here is what I do.
    I have two goats that I have specifically for goat milk to make yogurt. If they dry up, then its goat jerky time, but that's another thread.

This is all you need.
    Goat milk
    Starter Yogurt (I but it online)

You just heat up the goat milk to 180 degrees,

Pour milk and starter into mason jars.

Let it sit for 8 hours

Refrigerate

Eat!

This isn't that hard to do and its soo much better than the mass produced stuff in the stores.

Everyone except this guy has a lackadaisical attitude toward yogurt.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'd eat which ever taste better/cost less but, to be fair, I don't go around demonizing sugar or have an issue with added fruit. Nor do I eat things that don't taste good. Plain Greek yogurt is nasty until I put a crap load of sugar and fruit in it (which is why i only use it in a protein shake where it's taste is thoroughly masked), might as well buy it with the fruit already mixed in and save some money.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would go w #2 if I had to choose one but in a perfect world it would be plain greek yogurt or my personal preference, no sodium added cottage cheese
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Gee! the poor girl asked which one someone eat.....and people go on a rampage....

In answer to your question I would chose #2, plain Greek yogurt is not for me I eat Yoplait Greek 100 Calorie 2x Protein it taste good to me and it is endorsed by Weight Watchers.....??

100 - Calories
    0 - Fat
    14 - Carbs
    9 - sugars
    10 - protein

You eat what ever one taste best for you.....

Off topic I know but why does endorsement by WW matter to anyone, they endorse all kinds of junk. They endorse snack cakes, and frozen desserts and frozen dinners...Ww endorsement makes me want to eat it less....
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is bad enough, so I only eat Yoplait because of the taste. I wouldn't eat either if neither was Yoplait. But, if I have to pick one, I would pick the one with the lesser calories, because I could eat more of something that I actually liked. So, if I needed more protein, I would just eat more meat. Simple
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So...is my Yoplait light good enough for you snobs??
    When I was a kid, I loved Yoplait because you could just drink it out of the container.

I will probably never again know that joy because Yoplait uses gelatin instead of pectin. :-( Sad vegetarian.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd eat which ever taste better/cost less but, to be fair, I don't go around demonizing sugar or have an issue with added fruit. Nor do I eat things that don't taste good. Plain Greek yogurt is nasty until I put a crap load of sugar and fruit in it (which is why i only use it in a protein shake where it's taste is thoroughly masked), might as well buy it with the fruit already mixed in and save some money.
    You, ma'am, have failed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    All things considered, most foods are going to be created equal. Some people like the extra bit of protein that Greek yogurt offers over regular yogurt, but the reality is that the difference is negligible and truly, dependent upon your protein goals. I have a high protein goal, and frankly, Greek yogurt still doesn't deliver so I don't really look at it as a source of protein for my diet. I don't really care for the texture of Greek yogurt or the taste, so ultimately, the few potential extra grams of protein is not a significant enough motivator to cause me to choose Greek yogurt over regular yogurt. If I want yogurt, then I will just eat what I like. I focus my protein sources on lean meats and supplements.

TL;DR

Between your two choices (and Greek yogurt), pick the one you think tastes good because the differences between them nutritionally is not significant enough to make nutritional preferences a motivational factor.