I introduced my husband to MFP and guess who did the best?

Options
HE DID! Ugh! He lost 25 pounds. Me? 1 pound. Guess who prepared all the healthy foods? Wiped out the entire kitchen and replenished with healthy foods? ME!

I'm happy for him.

Replies

• Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    HE DID! Ugh! He lost 25 pounds. Me? 1 pound. Guess who prepared all the healthy foods? Wiped out the entire kitchen and replenished with healthy foods? ME!

I'm happy for him.
  • Lowrider
    Lowrider Posts: 16
    Options
    You are the keeper of the kitchen which means you are probably in it what seems like 24/7 in addition to always planning meals, in grocery stores, cooking, serving and then back in there taking care of snacks, lunches...on and on. Been there and I was the same, looking after the family's nutritional needs and leaving little time for my own I felt I could not escape being around food and ate all the wrong things. Stick with MFP, you'll see results I'm sure!!!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    The men develop muscle mass and drop pounds much more quickly than women do! It's so unfair, but hang in their and you'll achieve your goals eventually! DO NOT let it get you down and send you to the pantry!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    as soon as i started my diet, my man started losing so quickly! he is skin and bones now while i have only lost 8 lbs!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too! I am the one on the calorie restrictive diet for 2,5 weeks now. I've lost 4 lbs and watched every calorie. My husband could have beer and alcohol with friends as well as he ate 3 times more then me on weekends,- he lost 7 lbs!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

Good for him...and good for you for doing such a greta job with meals etc...
    Men always seem to loose faster etc
    Great that you are both in this together...

Kim
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    It is so easy for them. It does not seem fair. I introduced mine to this place and to exercise and he is down like 20 pounds in two months. He just cut back a little and boom the pounds fell off.
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not fair, I know!! :sad:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Hey ... Chin up!!:bigsmile: It's not about who lost the weight first as long as you are striving to lose the weight!!:happy:

Don't worry you will shed those pounds in no time! Just use your husband as inspiration!:flowerforyou:
  • annton5
    annton5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Men drop weight like crazy! My husband could lose 5 pounds a week but just eating a little less each week and no exercise. Myself...I have to go to the gym 4-5 times a week just to lose 2 pounds! Not fair.....that's for sure. But keep up the effort....the weight will come off. I was also told that it takes 6-8 weeks to really get into shape. After that your body really starts to burn the calories.....so good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Well, that is at least great that you both are taking on this task together! Keep up the great spirit and work! YEY TO YOU BOTH!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!