Just Tired of feeling like I cant do it

Options
Hi I am 32 and have 8 children ( 5 of my own and 3 through my fiance) I also have M.S but I dont let that rule my life . I currently weigh 267 and am 5'9" and in a size 20 I feel lke I have tried everything and once even got to 190 but a year later was right back up . I have such a hard time with losing so I get discouraged I have tried every diet known to man which sucks . I wasnt always over weight when I got married at the age of 19 I was 135 . But I was in a abusive marrage and became very depressed had 5 babies got sick told I would never walk ( yea no thankyou I ran a marathon in 2010 ) went through a divorce 12 years later and am now engaged to an amazing man but I cant look in a mirror without crying I cant go out without feeling ahamed and ugly I hate shopping because I feel so fat in everything !!! I dont know why I am spilling everything out on here except in the hopes thayt maybe somone feels like me and we could encourage eatchother !!!

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dunno what kind of support I offer but the main thing is just sticking to a set amount of calories and staying as active as you can when you can....if you don't have the will power to do either most of the time .....then I don't think anyone can do it for you. Im not being insensitive just telling you the truth...activity I know can be a challenge but the food intake is your choice.......Buckle up its a long ride we all have to do it...
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Use all of those feelings as motivation to push yourself to do better! Motivation is not a feeling you get! It's getting up and doing it even when you don't want to. You CAN do this! Find some friends to support you along the way. If losing weight were easy we would all be skinny!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I ran a marathon in 2010

Can't do what, deflect bullets with your bracelets? I think your doing it already.
  • abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are in a great place to hit the ground running! There are great people out here for support and encouragement. It sounds like you have a great support system with your new man too. Do this for you and only you! That's the first rule. Second, this journey is NOT a diet. Consider it a lifestyle change. Don't expect instant gratification and celebrate even the smallest victories. Feel free to add me. I'm no expert but I've been here a little bit and have seen results personally and among my "friends". Welcome to the ride!
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!! Just stick with it, and even if you slip up and go over on calories, etc. just start each day new, and create the you you want to be!

I was over weight for about 15 years, and felt like I'd never get the weight to come off. I kept losing/gaining the same 10-20 lbs. It was sooo frustrating! I finally said, ENOUGH, and pushed past it. THEN I was able to get on a roll, and just keep on going. Sure, there are always days it's hard, and then days and weeks where there's so many events/occasions where it gets really hard to push the plate away...or it's to 'whatever' to exercise, etc. BUT just keep going! It WILL work! I'm proof!!

Also, don't think of it as a temporary 'diet'. It has to be a forever lifestyle change. Give yourself the occasional 'treat' etc. and keep going. Life is for living, and it's so much better when you feel good about yourself! :D

Good luck! I know all this is easier said than done...but I also know at LEAST half the battle for me was just getting in that 'place' in my head where I wasn't going to let it beat me. Sounds like you're there, so go with it!!
  • Uniquelynuts
    Uniquelynuts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ran a marathon in 2010

Can't do what, deflect bullets with your bracelets? I think your doing it already.

Thank you I guess its just the thought that even though I ran a marathon I still somehow slipped back into my size 20 and yes I know its because of what I have choosen to put in my mouth the struggle comes in the now I want to do it for good to change my life for goosd and I find its alot harder to get into that place mentally
  • Uniquelynuts
    Uniquelynuts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The best way to stop feeling like you just can't do it is to just do it!

Plug your stats into MFP, set a realistic goal (you can't go far wrong with 1lb a week and will probably lose faster to start with), plan your meals in advance, and record every bite and sip that go past your lips.

Move a little more every day. Only do exercise you love - it should never feel like a chore.

Read through the MFP Success Stories. Don't just be inspired by the before and afters, read what worked for them.

Get loads of supportive friends both here and off-line, and be totally honest about how you're doing with achieving your goals and ask for help if you're struggling.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • carmenmiranda1
    carmenmiranda1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest looking at short term, non-weight goals. Because when you have lots to lose, like me, there is this thing that kicks in and says, "You've lost 50 lbs, and YOU'RE STILL A HEIFER."

That long-term goal, stretching out ahead of me, so far away and unrealistic, will NOT get me to the gym in the morning, or help me through the day.

What DOES get me to the gym in the morning? "Hey, two weeks ago, you wanted to nap every afternoon, and after just two weeks of working out, you no longer feel that way." Maintaining a non-napping lifestyle? SO worth that half hour.

We tell ourselves that we will love ourselves, find happiness, and self-esteem when we reach the goal. but that love, happiness and self-esteem are the things that give us the power to reach the goals. Try for them first. This is for you. Be happy now. :)
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    Start with LOVING YOURSELF! For all the amazing things you are and things you do. Love yourself enough to take care of yourself! Let the process be a slow one.

Going through weight loss in a self-hating manner leads to eating disorders (I'm one of those people).

You have A LOT on your plate. It's time to learn what helps you wind down and relax. Because of having 8 children you're going to have to plan a lot out! Swap food choices. Choose smaller portions. Treat yourself when you want it. Start by just walking 30 minutes a day, take the kids! Take them to the park and walk around the park while you watch them. Take your fiance on a walk, they can get romantic and keep you connected.
    YOU RAN A MARATHON AND THAT'S AMAZING!!! :D Few people can do that.

Strive everyday to have a healthier relationship with yourself! With your food, your exercise, your family, your fiance, your friends. Make new friends and be inspired by wanting to be there for those kids.

The truth is YOU CAN do this. If you want to do it, START. A little at a time.

People who seem to permanently lose the excess weight, tend to have some struggle and fall back into old habits. Be motivated by the amazing lifestyle!

♥ Stay strong!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My suggestion...you have 8 children...use them. Play with them...run with them...just get moving. You will have some of the best fun in your life while still burning calories. I have a very similar story to yours only I have 3 children. You CAN do you but YOU have to be willing.