Insanity Workout

Options
Last night while looking through countless pictures, and info, i decided to do something i have been wanting to do for a very long time.
Last night i committed to INSANITY!

And i couldnt be happier, or more excited for it to get here, i want it here right now unfortunately there's that whole shipping and handling thing that they do, pssh.

Anyways i was just looking for some other people that are just starting it, or may be starting next week. so we could all do it together?
my husband said he will be happy to do it with me, and so did my brother, but i foresee my brother bailing out every night, and my husband being too tired after work.

Replies

• parteegirl01
    Options
    I want to give insanity another shot now that I'm in a little better shape. Unfortunately I lost my DVD's and I have it backed up on my laptop, that I can't get to turn on... If I can manage to rescue it off there I would love to start again ;)
  • booglass
    booglass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is something I want to consider. Today I started the 30 Day Shred and honestly did not find it too challenging for me. I was in the best shape of my life in Sep 2012 when I found out I was pregnant. I continued to work out with my trainer until the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. There were days I was in the gym with morning sickness and just powered through.

I gained 37 lbs in total. Four months later I have only 8-9 lbs left to lose. Two weeks after my son's birth I was out walking with him in his stroller at least 3 days a week. And have been back to working out since I got cleared 7 weeks after birth. Since we moved last week I no longer have a personal trainer.

So I feel like I can do Insanity. But people keep telling me horror stories about people injuring themselves. I think I would be up to since I had been and still am in pretty good shape. I just need to get rid of the postpartum pooch and tone the hell up!
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    I applaud anybody who tries Insanity. I am on day 47 and feeling great. There is definitely a difference in my shape! I thought I was quite fit beforehand but wow I was not expecting this; especially from day 36 onwards. Hopefully you can see my pic uploads and see the difference from my first pic on 3rd July and my latest from today (16th August). I am nearly 53 years old and feel that I am in great shape for my age.
  • spimno
    spimno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Samantha, I've used myfitnesspal for years, but this is the first time I've used the forum.

I started Insanity nearly a fortnight ago, I am currently on week 2 day 5, and love it. I've tried the 30 day shred in the past but have never been able to stick to it.

I am also trying to change my diet a bit and do the 40/40/20 split, but finding it really hard. Also the last couple of days this week and especially today I really struggled, my legs were really sore from the start and they continued to be sore throughout plus I felt like I had no energy.

I would love to speak to others just to just discuss these types of things and see whether anyone else feels like this and what you do to overcome it.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for years. One of the best programs out there. Incredible in every way.
  • Sasha1417
    Sasha1417 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm kidding myself on this but I have had insanity sitting in my house for six months and after a desperate cry for my former self I decided to get it together and work to lose 60lbs! I am so outta shape it embarrassing. I am 26 and I feel like I'm 100. I did the fit test and my numbers are embarrassing. I'm not sure what to expect. I think I'm pushing myself to hard in desperation to lose weight like six years ago, but instead of taking the fact that it will take me TIME to lose 60 lbs I'm pushing myself and I think it's to an extreme. Is it safe to say I am just not ready to do insanity after 6 years of extremes sedentary lifestyle? My doctors want me to lose weight by cardio stretching and strength because of a back injury I suffered, but its been so difficult. So this is my question...

Should I lose weight and get my cardio through walking on my treadmill before I attempt insanity again?

Or should I continue to push myself and I will eventually be able to do this?

The reason I ask is because I feel like I'm so heavy and out of shape that my muscles don't work and all this jumping is making me feel like I'm going to fall into the lower floors apartment.

My plan was to get on my treadmill for 45 min on intervals of 3.5 to 4.0 miles per hours for 4.5 mins each atleast 6 times a week. That is doable for me. I was also going to do some flexibility/yoga that is available to me on my on demand cable channels at least four times a week. I weigh 180 and need to get back down to the weight I was when I met my husband which was 130. But I actually want to go down to 120 lbs. as I stated before, I am super out of it. I'm only 26 and I have no strength at all! Even cleaning my home is hard for me because of my weight and my injury.but the weight has to come off. I'm desperate, depressed, and I want my life back.
    I have been up an down weight wise for the first time ever n my life! I have been teetering between 165 and 190.

Eating is not so much of an issue because I have a grip on it as of late, but the physical activity is really low. Any advice?

Thanks.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I applaud anybody who tries Insanity. I am on day 47 and feeling great. There is definitely a difference in my shape! I thought I was quite fit beforehand but wow I was not expecting this; especially from day 36 onwards. Hopefully you can see my pic uploads and see the difference from my first pic on 3rd July and my latest from today (16th August). I am nearly 53 years old and feel that I am in great shape for my age.

i looked at your photos and i must say that you look great! not just for someone whos 53, but for anyone, you look really fantastic! my dads 56 and i wish he would work out more just to be in better shape to be around longer, he used to be really out there when my family owned the local mill, and he worked really hard, but now that he owns a rock quarry he mostly just runs the big loader down in the pit, and thats not really helping out his health, but he wont do anything, and i hate to see him not trying. i applaud you for doing such an intense workout program. :)
  • booglass
    Options
    Ok did the second work out and am now following the work out schedule. It is tough and I need a few breaks but overall I am doing pretty well. I plan ti take my before pics today. I want to track this and see how it goes.

My profile pic is from May 2012 per-pregnancy on a running tour of D.C. That is the body I am working back to.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I finished Insanity in July, got sick and ended up gaining 5lbs out of the 10lbs that I lost back. I'm planning on doing another round. It is an intense workout, but it is totally worth it. I have a bad knee, so I had to modify some of month 2, but that was it. Everyone is doing great! Keep it up!!
  • booglass
    Options
    Last week I had so much going on that Insanity the work out fell by the wayside thanks to insanity in real life. But this is a new week. Yesterday I did the fit test and today polymetric cardio and I am back on track.

I took before pictures and measurements too. So here we go!!!

I travel in a few weeks so I may have to interrupt the program but I won't quit.