New diet pill

Options
Susan111222 I know diet pills etc generally don't work there's heaps of news abt the garcinia Cambogia extract anyone tried it ? Or ave opinions on it ?
29 minutes ago · Comment

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Save your money. There is no magic pill.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    don't expect a lot if any positive comments on the subject. but if you want to try it, give it a go. see if it works for you. if not, well move on. good luck.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

This lol
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    In the event that there was a magic pill, which there isn't, it would not be available over the counter. The pharmaceutical companies would be all over that.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    In the event that there was a magic pill, which there isn't, it would not be available over the counter. The pharmaceutical companies would be all over that.

ITA!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This!!!! I have a friend that loves her diet pills. She lost 10 lbs one time & gained them back almost immediately. Not to mention that diet pills arent good for you.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit. nothing else. if you are fine with jojo then yeah maybe.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I know loads of people are against any "diet pills". I am currently using a "Irvingia seed extract" and "Green tea" supplement. It works for me. And in the end that is all that counts right? Do your own thing. Good luck!!

Ps. There is no "magic" pill, where you can take a pill and still eat all the junk you did in the past. Weight loss is all about putting in the hard work. That is the mistake most people make when taking a pill. Don't do that. Get something that will HELP you along.
  • Susan111222
    Susan111222 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is what I figured but just wanted to see the response I don't want to spend $200 on something that I know really the answer to lol thanks for taking the time to comment though :)
  • crystalcoyote59
    Options
    Im using it now and in conjuction with watching my diet, in 7 days I lost 11 lbs. Of course some of that was water weight, so waiting to see what happens this week. But I would say yes, it works.
  • crystalcoyote59
    Options
    you don't have to spend 200, I bought mine of amazon and I paid 19.99 per bottle, I do take 3 of these a day to equal the 1500 mg
    your supposed to take daily. and of course as with any diet pill, you have to eat healthy.
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them as well however haven't seen any change at all... not sure why. I'll likely stop taking them as they do not appear to have any effect; at least not on me. Good luck!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My wife and i was using it as well, good results but honestly you are painting yourself in a corner with the aid of something besides real food. We knew sooner or later we would have had to give it up so we just bit the bullet early. Nothing you cant do on your own, put that money to good use, Buy food <3
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    if these pills REALLY worked, you wouldn't be able to afford them!!!! They would be so popular that the supple would deplete and only the wealthy would be buying them. So if you can buy it at Wally World---then NO a pill is just a pill........But you DO need to take supplements...B12 and Vit D are the most important ones in weight loss.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna save you a fortune and share the true secret to sustainable weight loss.

Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone...

Eat less or move more. Or both. :laugh: :laugh:

All joking aside, there really is no other way to sustainable weight loss but calorie reduction and/or exercise.

The only thing that is going to stay lighter over time by taking the latest diet pill is your wallet, IMHO.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Anything that is going to give you dramatic results won't be sold over the counter. A lot of people have had luck with phentermine, but in my experience and based on what my doctor has told me, when you stop taking it the medicine causes your brain to release some chemical that tells your body to eat more. So basically you will gain the weight back once you stop taking it.
    Just eat right and work out. Its the only long term solution.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

applause-o.gif
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    For those of you that say it's working for you...how do you know? You're likely eating at a calorie deficit already, so is the pill really doing anything or is it likely just a placebo effect?
  • Stacenglish
    Stacenglish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have tried every pill on the market, from Xenical to Xenadrine/Hydroxycut, and many more "fat burners", to my own made up ECA stack. While they may have worked in the short term, either from an overdose of caffeine and/or ephedra for energy, or the placebo effect and your braining thinking "well, I put this stuff in my system, I better work it off", nothing works as good as the old saying, eat less, move more. There is no pill available for long term results. Hard work and determination is all you need. I read a study saying for one NEW, AMAZING pill that there was not enough of the "active" ingredient to actually do what they say it can. If you can part with your money and try something, then by all means. But just be mindful that chances are your being duped and you will not see the results your expecting. Have a happy day!

Oh yeah, they also say, in very small print, when used in conjunction with diet and exercise. Moving more, eating less, who'da thunk
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There is some evidence that this works on fat storage--as there is on other, less expensive supplements such as L-carnitine--but no evidence so far on humans. Probably not a great investment. Investing in quality foods and exercise opportunities that make a new lifestyle a habit is a much better investment.