My first powerlifting meet (Photos!)

Options

Replies

• H4rpy
    H4rpy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is beyond awesome. You're my new hero! I just started lifting last week and you've shown me what I can look forward to. I'd like to send an FR as well. :-)

Thank you for sharing your victory with us!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    WOw, you are awesome and beautiful and SO inspiring! way to go!!! :heart:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Congratulations!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Great read and I'm sure I'll appreciate the tips come December. Nice socks btw!
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great read and I'm sure I'll appreciate the tips come December. Nice socks btw!

Thanks Tree! Can't wait to read your report after you kill it in your first meet!!!!!!!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Inspiring and motivational, ....the 'ol "one/two shot" on a Monday that I needed to get myself back back on track, ... thank you and thanks for accepting my FR!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!!! You are an inspiration and make me want to annihilate my workout today and forever! :drinker:
  • whiskeysister510
    Options
    Fantastic! What an accomplishment! You look fantastic, but I bet that cut was brutal. Go eat a pizza and gain a few pounds! ;)

I didn't get any pizza, but I've had cupcakes, Mexican food, cheesecake, french pastries, sandwiches, chocolate, peanut butter everything, half a chicken and just about everything in my kitchen. :bigsmile:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Really awesome!! - do you have to do all those lifts? I know I could do some damage in the chest press- and probably the deadlift - but not sure about the squats...I may need a trainer!
  • whiskeysister510
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this! What an awesome day and wow you! Beating records first time:)

I also have to say it, excuse me in advance, but your black singlet with the white trim and the hot pink underneith is absolutely darling!! I didn't know squat shoes could be cute either! I know where to go now for shopping advice:)

Thank you so much for noticing the outift! I put some thought into it!! Looking fabulous is almost as important as winning!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Wow, loved this. Congrats to you!
  • whiskeysister510
    Options
    Really awesome!! - do you have to do all those lifts? I know I could do some damage in the chest press- and probably the deadlift - but not sure about the squats...I may need a trainer!

No you don't have to do all three lifts. I believe that with most meets you can sign up to compete in a single lift only. Some meets are only bench and deadlift to begin with. There are plenty of options for competing even if you don't want to do full powerlifitng.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    WTG.......it takes a lot of guts to compete
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the experience.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    OMG so inspriring. Can't wait for this baby to be born, I want to kick a** like you!!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You re so freakin AWESOME! I really enjoyed reading this and congrats on your win. Very inspiring. Good luck to you in future meets.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...You the BOMB!! Congrats!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Loved the post. Loved the pics. Just so much awesome-ness. You go girl! :drinker:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Is Taso pregnant again, so soon? ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!