Ideal Shape Meal Replacement Shakes?

Options
I'm looking for a complete meal replacement shake that's no-fuss for busy, on-the-go days.

I've come across some pretty decent reviews for Ideal Shape, and I would love to hear feedback from anyone here who has tried it.

I'm also open to recommendations for similar products, with your testimonial, of course!

Thanks!

Replies

• StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I tried Vega protein powder this morning and really liked it. I did chocolate with just cold water, a couple drops of mint extract and a tsp. of cocoa (I wanted a chocolate-mint shake). It was really good, went down easy and it has been the only one I have tried so far that didn't bother my stomach. They have different versions and I used the 'sport' performance protein since it after my workout - 134c, 5g carbs (3.5net) and 25g of protein.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had them for a bit. They're ok. Didn't fill me up much though, which is a problem if you're supposed to use it as a meal!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!

Anyone else?

:flowerforyou:
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just received the Ideal Shape meal replacement this morning and had it for breakfast with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk for a total of 150 calories and 1 gram of sugar. It was Chocolate and I am a chocoholic - it was good and it was very filling. I also used ice and blended it in my Vitamix. I was full for hours.

I love it and can see that this could help me lose weight, reduce sugar, eat less chocolate, less ice cream so it gets the taste great and is filling A+ from me. Tiny bit of after taste but hardly worth mentioning.

I do not know how healthy these really are but I was so impressed at the taste and how full it made me.
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love Advocare Chocolate Mocha with some almond milk when I am needing a quick breakfast or something on the go. It keeps me from grabbing fast food or something far less healthy for me!
  • Skinny_foodie
    Options
    I LOVE Ideal Shakes! -- Anyone using Ideal Shakes who want to connect, feel free to add me!!

I have fallen into a rhythm of having the vanilla shake in the morning. I always blend them with ice, usually almond milk and mixins, everything from Banana's, almond butter, Pinnacoloda (crushed pineapple, shredded unsweetened coconut), Frozen berries (cherries are my favorite), adding spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg). I also almost Always mix in a large handful of spinach - You cant taste it in the shake at all, sometime it changes the color to green, but really its a great nutritional enhancement without any taste effects.

Ideal shake actually has a recipe book of 31 different flavor shakes. Because they are so low in calories, its easy to add mixins and still keep things low,. I also find it easy to fit in enough snacks every couple of hours to keep me more than satisfied. The appetite suppressant they add really seems to work for me, I do eat small snacks every few hours but since using ideal shape I've reduced my calories 800 to 1k a day.

I usually have a complete lunch, with my work it's important for me to have flexibility in going out to eat, or grab coffee or a drink with someone. I try and wait as long as I can and usually drink the chocolate shake with just the chocolate mix and water and ice cubes. The blender bottle makes it really easy to take this on the road. Occasionally I crave a real breakfast and so I'll do lunch and dinner with the shakes. Flexibility is awesome.

Last comment, Ideal Shape has books and CD's and I can't recommend the CD's enough. The Ideal Shape CD seems to be working for me (you listen once a day and re-write your goal down every day for 28 days) I'm a little over two weeks in on the CD and will continue. The shakes are great but I believe that the program really only works when you add the mental shift that the CD's and books can help with.

I haven't weighed myself in the last few days but in the first week I lost 5 pounds too.
    So far I give it 6 stars out of 5!!!
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ive tried herbal life which were really good and helped me lose weight and not feel hungry. I am currently on Shakeology which I love. very similar to herbal life but they also have probiotics which cleanse the colon, make me regular, and settle my stomach. I have absolutely loved my shakeology that I became a beach body coach to get the discount :)

if your interested in any of the other programs I can help you out with those as well. but really the shakes are awesome. my acne is gone and my hair is growing back (lost a lot after having my 3 kids) I am also down 50 lbs.