Hi! =)

jessicajm
jessicajm Posts: 60
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
New here! My name is Jessica and I am a fad diet addict! LOL Well seriously I am. I have tried everything from Hydroxycut diet pills to the dreaded HGC (oral drops) diet. South Beach and Atkins too! I do great at first, lose weight, stick to the plan etc etc. Then one little slip up and I'm done.
Throughout highschool and college I was always very athletic. Softball, Soccer, Cheering, Ballet... you name it... I tried it. I I was also anorexic. If I gained weight, I stopped eating. At one point I was hospitalized briefly. My father was always (and still is) morbidly obese, my mother has struggled with weight since she quit smoking 15 + years ago. I swore I wouldn't end up like that. Once out of college I packed on weight, I topped off at 198 before I freaked out and joined a gym and became a workout-a-holic. I was doing great, eating right, at the gym every night after work. Although, I was miserably married to a verbally abusive idiot. Anything was better than home at that point. Long story short, I left him.... met my now husband and my happy life began. March 2003 I found out I was PG. Suddenly the fear of putting on weight was overwhelming. Yet... I was so determined to keep my baby boy healthy I ate.... and ate..... and ate. 96 pounds later I had my blonde hair blue eyed boy. My whole life revolved around him, I was so focused on being Mommy... I forgot who Jessica was. But now here we are with my oldest boy in 1st grade, playing sports. I want to help him, practice with him. But it's so hard being this big (235). Over the years I've tried all kinds of get slim quick schemes... most recently Oral HCG drops. ( in 2008 I had another baby boy... again... the center of my world. only put on about 15 pound that time) Nothing works. I have resigned to the fact that the only way I'm going to have any lasting results is through hard work. That's it. I've been going to Zumba classes and doing the dvd's at home on my days off. 5 days a week total. Now it's time to eat right.
I hope this site is all I expect it to be. I look forward to this journey.... and dread it at the same time.
wow... that was quite the ramble!!!
=D
Jessica

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Welcome Jessica!
    Add me as a friend if you like.:smile: It's hard work but you can do this!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    You've come to the right place. You'll get lots of support and motivation and like many others on here you will succeed....just stick to it and reach out when you are in need!!
  • Hey! Im happy to be a friend if you need some motivation!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great site to help you keep track of eating right and exercising. Nothing fad about, just stay on track. Good luck!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it! Good luck!
  • Thanks for the welcome!

I forgot to mention that the other day I was looking through some pictures from back before I had my first son.... before I had my Digital Camera. I was so healthy!! I always thought I was fat! I have come to the realization that I will never be happy with my weight until I learn to love me for me. Another journey that I'm on I guess!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Wow...what a journey you have taken so far.
    Congrats on being so diligent and realizing that sometimes it just takes hard work, dedication and hard work to reach your goal.
    I have tried the "easy" way before too, and even when/if it DOES work...it doesn't last.
    Counting calories and exercising (LOOVEEE Zumba...I am getting certified to teach it on Oct 9th actually!!) is the way to go.
    If you need help, just ask.
    If you want support, it's here.
    It you want friends...send a request :)
    We all want you to succeed and BE HAPPY.
    You deserve it and you can do it!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Hi!!! I just sent you a friend request!

Lana
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Welcome to MFP Jessica!!! Good luck on your journey... you will do great!!!
  • Welcome to MFP! This is the place to be for motivation, support and answers. I have lost 77 lbs on my journey and have had a great time doing it. It wasn't easy by any means, but the small things add up. Touching my toes for the first time in 10+ years, wearing pants I haven't been able to wear since high school, being able to run & play with my nieces and nephew without tiring after 2 minutes, seeing the look on peoples faces that I haven't seen in a while. From my experience, there is no get skinny quick plan, well none that is healthy that is. Healthy weight loss comes at about 1 lb per week, that gives your skin time to stretch back and you body to adjust. Stay the course and you can reach your goals. I don't look at it as a diet, I look at it as a healthy life choice. I don't plan on doing this until I lose the weight I want to lose, I plan on doing this for as long as I can. Do it for your kids, do it for your family, do it for YOU!!
This discussion has been closed.