Net calories and exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    So basically i am eating at my maintenance weight, but i loose those 500 calories from the gym :D
    In the days i'm not going to the gym i'll just eat 500 calories less.

That works. That's basically the MFP way... eat a little less on rest days, a little more on workout days, but always staying in a slight calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll just have to see what works best for me.
    It's hard to eat all that food and frankly i think it's not yet, necessary for me.
    I think my metabolism hasn't kicked in just yet, because i have eaten 2000 calories today, burnt 500 calories from exercise, and still have to eat 614 calories.And i feel fat already :)). I'll do this for a week, see if it works, if i get fat, i'll just have to assume that 2666 calories/day is way too much for mainteining my weight.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    What kinds of things are you eating? Perhaps more calorie dense foods would serve you better - more cals in a smaller volume of food?
  • floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/floareaciprian

Oh sorry, most of it is in romanian. I try to it mostly healthy foods. What type of foods are you suggesting?
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    My immediate thought was things like nuts, seeds, beans, eggs, red meat, fatty fish, and full fat dairy.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that adding meaningful amounts of lean mass while running a caloric deficit is extremely difficult. The best we can do is more or less maintain what is there while dropping fat.

Is that not correct?
  • vicky1966
    vicky1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that adding meaningful amounts of lean mass while running a caloric deficit is extremely difficult. The best we can do is more or less maintain what is there while dropping fat.

Is that not correct?

Correct! It can be done, but neither would be very efficient. We are catabolic when losing fat and anabolic whilst building muscle, and the muscle mass would build from the small calorie deficit.... you would have to be pretty fanatic about diet and timing of exercise to accomplish results.