My first powerlifting meet (Photos!)

Options

Replies

• whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're not reading through the hundreds of posts on here, but just in case you got some spare time and happen to come across mine - just wanted to say congrats and you look fantastic!

Of course I'm reading them all!! This is my five minutes of MFP fame!! lol Thank you so much for the props! All of the comments have been so wonderful and positive! I love it! Grinning ear to ear right now! :bigsmile:
  • whiskeysister510
    Options
    Whoa just caught this thread and it's on page 7 already! Freaking awesome job on your first meet! I love the pro-tips you listed above in parenthesis. I have to confess now, the morning of, I was totally on the fence about going, and the thought of sitting around in my PJ's drinking coffee was more appealing, but I'm so glad we went. Maybe at the next one I'll be lifting too!

Thank you!!!! And I'm so glad you came out! It hard to keep up with all the action, but it was great chatting with you and meeting your wife and babies! And you better be lifting at the next one! Thank you again for the suggestion on the gym--you're part of the reason I ended up competing and having this awesome experience! :flowerforyou:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That is impressive!! And you look great too! Awesome job!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You should be so so proud that you are an inspiration to so many! That Nike pic your friend made is super hot!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing it! Lady lifters and WINNING. Who could ask for more? :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    Congrats and wow just wow.what a great accomplishment
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    BAD *kitten*!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Very Inspiring
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and for your first meet at that, kudos to you girlie!!!!!!!
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your day with us all :)
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, that was an inspiration!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    So so so so so cool! Breaking records like it was nothing AND seeing Taso and babies. Cool, cool, cool!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mind-blowing! Congrats on state records and being a champ!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Seriously most awesome thread ever. This just made my day!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow, very impressive. Also, let me be the first to say - giggidy giggidy! From now on when I hear/see any ladies ask about bulking up like a man from lifting heavy I will refer them to your pics.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Love your story! Congrats!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

AMAZING job!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You did great out there! It was a lot of fun going out to support you and I hope that I can grow a set and decide to compete in the Decemeber meet! However, I now don't want to cut into the 123lb class, b/c I have to compete with you and that is scary! :laugh:
  • whiskeysister510
    Options
    You did great out there! It was a lot of fun going out to support you and I hope that I can grow a set and decide to compete in the Decemeber meet! However, I now don't want to cut into the 123lb class, b/c I have to compete with you and that is scary! :laugh:

Oh thank goodness, cuz I don't want to compete against YOU!!! Thank you again for coming out Saturday! :heart: It was great to have you cheering me on! And your husband is so cute!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!