My first FIGURE competition!

Replies

• nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Phd in Health Ed? You are going to have the guy lining up for your classes. That is a phenomenal transformation!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Awesome job!

What was your weight for competition? Just curious.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    You should be giving an honorary doctorate for that mind blowing transformation itself. How did one exactly go from poor eating habits ( i am assuming) to being able to maintain 8 % bf for months when your body & hormones are fighting against you for food ?? :noway:

Been here for a year and never seen a transformation like this before. I am blown away :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tammi_t
    tammi_t Posts: 20
    Wow...you ladies are so inspiring. First I read about a powerlifter, now a figure competitor! I'm super excited about getting my body and muscles in shape to do something radical! Congrats on your achievement! Another SHE-RO in my book!
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Awesome job!

142 lbs
  • verticallyfit
    How did one exactly go from poor eating habits ( i am assuming) to being able to maintain 8 % bf for months when your body & hormones are fighting against you for food ?? :noway:

Been here for a year and never seen a transformation like this before. I am blown away :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I was living the college life- parties, booze, and the food associated that consumed my life Thurs-Sunday; so I started by making small manageable dietary changes and then it just kept evolving. I evolved as I fell in love with fitness and went into higher education.

As far as maintain BF%, I am slowly coming back up. I am only a month post show. On show day I was 8% right now i'm 8.8%. Just like you go on a cut cycle for the competition, you do a reverse diet for the post, I don't get to eat anything and everything. I strictly monitor my MACROS. I will probably stay around 10% bf in the off season; as far a hormones, everyone's body is different and I've experienced no issues during the entire process. I think something very important with that, is maintaining a healthy cut cycle- there are ways that may do metabolic damage. So taking care of your nutritional needs and maintaining metabolic homeostasis is optimal!
  • verticallyfit
    Wow...you ladies are so inspiring. First I read about a powerlifter, now a figure competitor! I'm super excited about getting my body and muscles in shape to do something radical! Congrats on your achievement! Another SHE-RO in my book!

Thank you!! You've got this! Aim high and don't be afraid to fail; you won't!
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    amazing!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Beautiful!
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    You look fantastic ! Great work !
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Awesome transformation!! :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Wow! Amazing!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Awesome job!

142 lbs

That's impressively high actually. Awesome amount of lean body mass.
  • BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Amazing!
  • verticallyfit
    142 lbs
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Well I am 5ft 10.5 inches tall 142 is not really that high.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    142 lbs

Well I am 5ft 10.5 inches tall 142 is not really that high.

I'm 5'9. I was expecting a weight for you in the 130s at that body fat percentage.
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Incredible!!!
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    You look great!!
  • jaimelb94
    jaimelb94 Posts: 114 Member
    Nice Job!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Well done!

It's so inspiring to see such a complete transformation. You have completely blown away my excuses for not having flat abs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!