Others jealous of your weight loss??

Options
124»

Replies

• Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My friends don't want to be around me in a bathing suit anymore and it sucks! They say "I look fat next to you, I'm not going to the pool with you blah blah blah"

it sucks!!!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My friends don't want to be around me in a bathing suit anymore and it sucks! They say "I look fat next to you, I'm not going to the pool with you blah blah blah"

it sucks!!!

You should've said how is that my problem, maybe if you get your lazy *kitten* up and work out and see how much better you will feel, instead of sitting there complaining not wanting to go out because how you feel.

Oh well they missing on life and the fun you having! :) too bad for them lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If anyone is jealous of my weight loss, I'm not aware of it. Friends and family do not treat me differently. Sometimes they ask questions, but they are simply looking for information.

People have been quite encouraging, actually. I guess I'm lucky.
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they're jealous but a fellow school run mum has asked me why I was exercising - I'd put up a status on Facebook about doing my Zumba DVD'S - and if I was happu ir not. I guess the synopsis is that you must be unhappy to want to lose weight?!? I'm quite the opposite. I like myself, I'm just worried about my health failing me if I get bigger or older.
    Then there's the MIL who always offers me cake and bacon sandwiches. Not that I can't have but I choose not to. Just seems like she's sabotaging my efforts.
    I've since learnt not to put anything on Facebook and say no to MIL.

Oh, my MIL would do the same. Buy crappy food when she came to visit. Food I said we did not eat or want, but she bought it anyways, and then I would have to throw it away (donate if non perishable) when she left. Then, she had the audacity to say I had an eating disorder! WTF? Needless to say, I wasn't the only one she burned bridges with. She pulled similar demeaning crap on my husband one to many times, and he excommunicated her butt. Problem solved!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

it sucks!!!

At least she said it out loud so you can decide how to address it. It's the quiet, passive aggressive ones you have to watch out for.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever wants to hear the secret to weight loss involves doing work.

EXACTLY!!
    i like this
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Totally feel you! I have a good friend of mine who will barely talk to me since I lost weight. She is pissed at me.

I hope you mean EX good friend.

bingo!!!
  • CraftyWeeWifey
    CraftyWeeWifey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The flip side is that some people who are losing weight can be really boring lol (not to other people who are losing weight but to the rest of the general population) If all you want to talk about is weight loss, nutrition and exercise, its easy to get sick of that. Also if you are choosing exercise over spending time with friends then maybe you're not being a good friend and the other people are a bit hurt that they aren't important anymore (well not as important as some weights or a gym) and so get snarky because of it.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    when somebody comments or questions my weight loss I am always sure to say something alone the lines of "Oh thanks so much. I've been working really hard at it". That puts any pills or ED to rest because I say "yeah, it's hard work".