MFP Supporters and Motivators You've Let Me Down :(

Options
I posted a week ago looking for any and all supporters as I am new to the site (August 2nd) and got a pathetic outreach of support...a whole, whopping 3 people responded...

I figure I'll try this again and see if it's any more positive than last time...

Please feel free to add me...I am new at this and will offer any support/motivation I can...when I can.

Cheers everyone!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    And precisely how many folks have you reached out to yourself since? Oh, I see, you have 67 friends so this was meant in jest. Ignore me.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    friend up if you like. I'm logging every day
  • Lovelovesme
    Lovelovesme Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think the best way is to get out on the forums, get involved and get to know people then send a friend request to people who have similar goals to you. I don't add people just to have a list, I'm looking for others who have similar goals and starting stats as me :smile: not just that but also people with a positive attitude. I checked your profile and you have 67 "friends" already I would suggest looking at quality not quantity.
  • belladiva47
    belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? Your profile shows you have 67 friends. I have 16 and am very happy with quality rather than quantity. But as a senior citizen who is not all that versed in computers maybe those friends are not an accurate depiction of your status. Just reach out to some individuals and I'm sure that folks will be very supportive. :smile:
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oftentimes, posts are lost in the mess of thousands of other posts. Chances are, a bunch of people posted right about the same time you did, so yours just got lost in the madness. Anyways, welcome aboard! I'm not the greatest cheerleader in the world, but feel free to send me a friend request if you want, and I'll offer up my blended elixir of honesty, sarcasm, and occasional southern charm
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    this post confuses me as I accepted a request from you and I've never heard even a peep from you. Are you really looking for support or just a big friend collection?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Forum satire is a delicate art :flowerforyou:
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is that you join one of the groups that has the same goals as you and find your friends there. That way you can get support from people that are trying to achieve the same things you are. Not everyone on here has the same goal or plans to achieve it the same way.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    FR sent. Honestly, I lurk quite a bit until I see responses I like. Sometimes, a story will inspire so I send an FR. I seek people who I can lean from. I am not here to socialize. That's a great benefit, though. I want to learn and eventually get to the point that I can teach and inspire others!! I also want accountability.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Just a "friendly" note that you can "Friend" people too. Don't have to wait until someone friends you...
    What are your goals, your interests?

Have you checked out the groups? There may already be a smaller group of MFpals with similar interests already formed.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of new posts everyday. Some days I am not able to check the forums. This week has been different as I was couchbound for the weekend and was given more time to run amok.

No one was purposely shunning you, your post just got swept up in the daily tide. Looking at your FL, it doesn't seem to have hurt you much - this isn't a popularity contest, lol.

If you like, you can add me. School's starting up soon, so I won't be running amok nearly as much on the forums. I'm pretty low-key though and don't do whole lot of rah-rah kinda stuff. I do chart.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This amuses me. 67 friends and you have no friends?
    Perhaps you'd have more luck in the Chats threads if you're looking for multitudes...?
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those 3... lol
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Open your dairy as others like to get meal ideas by looking.
  • roxweb
    roxweb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I didn't wait for people to add me, I just did a search for the type of people I needed for support and asked them to add me!! You could make that effort, no?
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..daily log in
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I didn't wait for people to add me, I just did a search for the type of people I needed for support and asked them to add me!! You could make that effort, no?

This ^
  • Jerijoh
    Jerijoh Posts: 107
    Options
    this post confuses me as I accepted a request from you and I've never heard even a peep from you. Are you really looking for support or just a big friend collection?

This