Exercise TV videos-calories burned

susanleigh
susanleigh Posts: 16
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone use Exercise TV? How do you know how many calories are burned?

Replies

• merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    I just enter "aerobics" and go with something like that
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    I do! Look at my exercise diary for today and yesterday. Those workouts were w/ Exercise Tv. (Walking w/ Leslie 2 mile walk and 20 minute sweat etc)
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    i do a lot of videos, so i ended up buying a heart rate monitor. Great investment
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I did Exercise TV's "Quick Calorie Blast"-20min. & "Ultimate Buns"-10min. together a few nights ago and I burned about 247 cals. according to my HRM. I'm 5'2 and 159 lbs.
  • Thanks everyone for the tips...I am going to have to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor, but for now I will put those videos under aerobics...I have the 45 min cardio sculpt (walking and weights) and the 20 min tank top arms (weights and stretching). Both are challenging. I was only able to do 20 mins of the first video, but gonna work my way up to doing both videos in full.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    You guys have no IDEA how frustrated I've been over this! Exercise tv is where I do the majority of my workouts and I didn't know exactly how many calories I was burning so I just logged under whatever category seemed to match. I feel just a tad stupid for constantly searching the web to get calories burned for specific videos(lol) when I could've just bought a heart rate monitor. Oh, well...you learn something new everyday. All of that searching led me right back to my second home...MFP!!! I love this site!!!! Thanks.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    I firmly believe it's all dependant on how hard you worked! :)

Best way to tell is get a HRM .. .but you could ballpark :)
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Bump
  • I was wondering about a same thing. I use Aerobics, general (24min) which comes to 173 calories.
    I usually use heavier dumbbells so I can imagine I'd burn more calories.
    @laughingdani, thanks for sharing your HRM readings.
    If you have HRM readings for other exercises (especially the 30 days plan) please post the calorie readings for those too.
This discussion has been closed.