Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome to being a Foodie.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a food snob. I would go to Harvey's over McDonalds hecause of their superior burger and the option to have onion rings.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Not a snob in so far as price or quality, but if I am going to eat something high in calories, it better be GOOD!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I went through that for a bit. Tampico is no longer good, gotta have Tropicana instead.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, to a degree (I mean being aware of the calories, I want to really enjoy the food I eat).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't chose them for myself, but I wouldn't turn my nose up if offered either. My ****ty food craving is wonder bread, mayo, and balogna. I can't eat wonder bread, I'm gluten free and it would set me in the sidelines for 2 days, but I still crave it.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I'm watching calories, I hold out for really tasty food. So I get it!
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This isn't my first attempt to drop the weight, but this is the first time I have had an open mind about what this process would entail. I am learning that food is food. I don't need to buy the expensive option to have it be healthy and tastey. I am also not afraid to eat "junk food" as part of my larger eating plan. I also stopped calling it junk food. I also got rid of the word "diet". I am on an "eating plan" and have been calling this my "Summer of Fitness". I should break the 30lbs lost mark this week or next and then, from there, I'll be starting on my "Autumn of Awesomeness" program... which isn't really that different from the Summer of Fitness, except for the name.

So yes... enjoy what you enjoy. Tangent over. LOL
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    Sometimes I feel a little snobbish when my Mom cooks something and she doesn't measure out anything. I'm trying to log my food and when you're making something like a shepard's pie or something similar it's hard for me to know exactly how many calories that's in the slice that I'm taking.

...which is why I have to eat most things separate from most people in my household. Makes me feel bad that what I'm eating is superior to everyone else's food.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a little tiny bit a food snob, when you can actually taste the difference. For instance, Pop Tarts are far superior to Toast 'Ems. But sometimes the store brand is just as good as the name brand. I like Pepsi, but not enough to pay $5 for a 12 pack when the Wegmans brand is half that price.

I'm a total snob about toilet paper, though. Charmin Ultra or Cottonelle only.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nah, I still like the same "crappy" food that tasted good before I started, but I do feel like a bit of an ***hole when I turn down certain things or try to suggest healthier options when around my friends. If I haven't planned for it I'm not eating it, and I definitely used to judge that kind of person : /
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm becoming a food snob.

Since I embarked upon my 'fitness' journey, I've tried to eat healthier food options and change up my diet and now I feel like every time I'm offered 'cheap' hotdogs or 'low-priced' ice-cream, it just tastes gross. I'd prefer to spend a little more quality on a better product and enjoy every bite.

There is the occasion I actually crave some of these foods (like Little Caesars cheese pizza) but otherwise I like to just wait and get something with better ingredients.

Anyone else feel this way?
    I've always been a food snob. I grew up on some really, really good food (authentic Mexican, my great-grandfather was an Italian chef -- that sort of thing) and I find that what most people think is really good usually is really crap. It's tough where I live to find a local restaurant that's even passable because of that. But I agree, spend a little more on quality.

Since discovering Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate, milk chocolate tastes like plastic to me. Not worth it!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a total food snob. I want name brand captain crunch and chips!
  • clbowman91
    Options
    Yes I'm like that sometimes.
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Since I embarked upon my 'fitness' journey, I've tried to eat healthier food options and change up my diet and now I feel like every time I'm offered 'cheap' hotdogs or 'low-priced' ice-cream, it just tastes gross. I'd prefer to spend a little more quality on a better product and enjoy every bite.

There is the occasion I actually crave some of these foods (like Little Caesars cheese pizza) but otherwise I like to just wait and get something with better ingredients.

Funny you should mention that, because I was raised like that. My dad worked R&D in the food industry for 40 plus years; in fact a lot of you eat some of the stuff he had a hand in inventing. He taught me from an early age to enjoy food, pull out the different flavors. What’s a real flavor, and what came from a bottle of flavoring. Most of the stuff made today I can tell you what the ingredients do, and how they affect taste, texture, color, everything in-between.

Be proud of the fact you are developing and refining a sense of taste, cause this is where the good foods are.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think the dirt cheap food tastes the best. =) Though I'm sure my taste buds are inclined to like it from the amount of exposure.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I became like that when I became a vegetarian, and I feel like it gets on my mothers nerves alot lol Especially when I refuse to eat crummy food, but it's whatever. I'd rather eat dirt eat leaves off a tree, which I've once just for fun, then feed my body crap anymore and if it bothers anyone then there's the door.
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options

I've always been a food snob. I grew up on some really, really good food (authentic Mexican, my great-grandfather was an Italian chef -- that sort of thing) and I find that what most people think is really good usually is really crap. It's tough where I live to find a local restaurant that's even passable because of that. But I agree, spend a little more on quality.

Since discovering Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate, milk chocolate tastes like plastic to me. Not worth it!

I love Green & Black's 85%!! I can't have Lindt or Ghirardellis because they just taste waxy. I'm a foodie up to a point. Generally, I think higher quality items just taste better. Nothing beats TALENTI gelato either.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yep. I admitted it when I bought a vegan tart for 5 bucks, this was one serving size of dark chocolate coconut oil deliscousness! I buy good quality food. especially chicken and meats and I pay for them. I buy organic cage free eggs. Organic milk grass fed beefQuest bars at 3 bucks a pop. I also take a few supplements such as reveratrol and megared they are pricey as well. I look at it as an investment. Eating crap put me in the hospital and almost killed me. small price to pay. I am also picky about ice. I buy fresh ice every other day. I love Evian water but settle for spring water usually Arrowhead..