Hate running... Help

Options
Hi,

I detest running to lose weight but I understand why one has too run in order to lose weight.

I play football or soccer to Americans every Thursdays and run constantly for 1 hour without rest. I am able to do this without really losing focus.

Why is it that when it comes to running or jogging in the park I can’t do more than 20 minutes?

Is it due to motivation etc. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Well if you hate running, why do it? There are plenty of other ways to burn calories if you're simply after weight loss.

Running is hard on the body and it can be mentally boring, at times. If you would like to stick to running, try going some place scenic or new. Try trail running instead of in the city. Try joining a running group - it can be really motivating and fun to run with other people.

Or just play more football/soccer instead. No one ever said you have to run to lose weight.
  • Ali_Leeds
    Options
    Hi,

I agree with your comments, I think I am going to play more football to increase my endurance levels.

Main reason is I want to run a 5k marathon for a charity.
  • GBPack93
    GBPack93 Posts: 76
    Options
    If you want to run a 5k that should be your motivation. Try listening to music or downloading podcasts off of itunes. You will forget your exercising if you get something good to distract you.
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Why did you post this topic twice?
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Buuut you don't need to run to lose weight. If running just ain't yo thang, do the exercise you love!