stretch marks

Options
^ Topic. What is the best way to rid of these darn things? I know u get um from rapid weight gain and or loss. I heard drinking plenty of water helps, I know there is creams and what not.

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a way to "get rid" of them, but with time they do fade.
  • JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ah I figured. Is there a way to speed up them fading lol?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Ah I figured. Is there a way to speed up them fading lol?

I've not found one. You can try using lotions for moisture. It can't really hurt.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Moisturizing can help prevent more stretch marks, but the ones already there will stay there and get less noticeable. Don't worry, *everyone* and I mean *everyone* has stretch marks. Skinny, fat, muscular, puny, *everyone* has stretch marks.

Models have them, my skinny 15-year-old friend in high school had them, my husband has them -- on his thighs, which are not at all big. Most people get them in puberty because they're growing faster than their skin can stretch. Don't sweat it.
  • VeganCoco13
    Options
    Hey!

I am genetically so that I get stretch marks very easily (thanks dad!) but I got mine roughly 2-3 years ago and now they are all white and barely visible.

I would say they took maybe 1-2 years for them to get this way.

Here are the things I did to speed up the lightening process:

1. Derma rollers - not a lot of fun but I found them effective, I still use it on my face to prevent wrinkles!
    2. Cocoa butter twice a day.
    3. I heard that popping vitamin E capsules and putting that on them was effective, I only did it once or twice but it might be worth a try, especially after derma rolling as the point of derma rolling is to shock the skin into thinking it is damaged and to try to repair itself by increasing collagen and the pin pricks help it to absorb more of what you put on afterwards.
    4. Dry body brushing.
    5. Drinking lots of water and exercising to keep my weight down.
    6. I had a treatment on them which I can't remember the name of, it was like a facial for my stretch marks and was semi-effective :)

The best thing for them though unfortunately was losing weight but the best thing for me in general was realising that they're not a problem and everybody has them :) Learn to love your stripes and they will be easier to accept :)

Hope this was helpful xx
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bio-Oil twice a day, just make sure that it doesn't stain your shirts!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bio-Oil twice a day, just make sure that it doesn't stain your shirts!

This ^^
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Agree with Bio-Oil if new.
    But take it from an oldie here - if you've got them - too late!
    They do fade down to silver and are less noticeable after time.
    Most people have them, as candylilac says.
    Put it this way if someone is checking out and not liking the marks then they are shallow and missing the fun!
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    As someone who has about a million stretchmarks (genetics, I guess), time is the best healer.

Getting some sun seems to help speed it up a bit but don't burn yourself, just a light tan.
  • JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    All great! replies, an answers I was looking for =)
    Thanks everybody!!