Man Boobs

Options
All too embarrassing,,,,my goal is to get rid of them,,,plain and simple. I have been on the stepper,sit ups and doing weights for over a month....my arms are really coming along, the side fat on my abs is all but vanished, the front abs has improved , but still lacking but can see progress. While in the USMC 30 years ago, I was too skinny to even supposed to be there but now the man boobs are killing me....I feel better and enjoy bending over to tie my shoes without passing out for a change,,,,I just want to understand how to work on these embarrassing eye sores

Replies

• Jackson_Rhoads
    Options
    Hey man I am ashamed to say I have a bit of the same situation but they are just about gone now. I did a lot of research on this and the only way to get rid of them completely is to burn off fat. You can't just burn fat on single parts of the body but you can tone up that area with certain exercises. Bench press has helped me the most out of anything. Once I started benching I noticed a huge difference in my chest area. Check this guys video about doing incline dumbell press to work your chest as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwDW0NpdpDg it has helped me a little bit. You can also do diamond pushups. Make a diamond pressing your index fingers and thumbs together and do push ups that way... it works your chest a lot.
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's all about body fat loss. Building muscle in your chest would help as well I'm sure. Feel free to add me if you're looking for supportive friends!
  • christhezulu
    Options
    work your chest and shoulders nice and hard a few times a week, but it's as much as it is to do with diet as it is to do with exercise.

keep the cardio up to burn extra calories but dont forget that weight training helps keep burning fat/calories for a long time afterwards to repair the muscles.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No way to spot target body fat; you must decrease overall body fat %. For some this is a genetic thing they must battle, for others it's just a matter of hard work.

Diet will be CRITICAL, as the fat in that area is probably one of your "stubborn areas". Eat healthy, consume less calories than you burn, and work hard. You can get there.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    What is your current body fat percentage? If you still have man boobs when your body fat percentage is in the healthy range (which for a man is about 10-20%, and 25%+ is obese) then probably the best thing is to see a doctor because it could be a hormonal or medical issue. If your body fat percentage is still a bit high, then keep working on lowering it, and the man boobs will probably go away, if not a doctor may be able to give advice.
  • kf5ljp
    kf5ljp Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks a lot and I appreciate the advice
  • kf5ljp
    Options
    Ok I have probably genetic thing going on but mostly extra fat in the breast and under the arm pits. The first of it to go was in the back and now its gone. I have lost 6 pounds I just have to keep working at it. I think the cardio is the only way its going to go. I am doing strength training but after I get to the states I will join a fitness club or get a machine for that
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Patience hun!!! Hard work and dedication will all make for great success !!! Moobies aren't all that bad ;) They add uniqueness! :)
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    I'm going to start doing butterfly type weight exercises to fill out my chest.
  • kf5ljp
    Options
    Thanks but dont want to be unique LOL But you definately got my attention having lost over 80 lbs,,,thanks for the comment
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Patience hun!!! Hard work and dedication will all make for great success !!! Moobies aren't all that bad ;) They add uniqueness! :)

No guy wants man boobs.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options

No guy wants man boobs.
    ^.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

No guy wants man boobs.

QFT