meal replacement shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• momof5stegs
    Options
    I do Herbalife shakes and I love them. They make me feel full in the mornings so I don't snack a lot until I get a chance to eat lunch. I like that they have all of my daily nutrients in one shake : )
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    im also in the hunt for less sugar shake...
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    im also in the hunt for less sugar shake...

Labrada Lean Body for Her uses Sucralose, an artificial sweetener. I'm not saying that's ideal, but it's supposed to be safe. I like the Soft Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.
  • KingsleyO17
    Options
    The Dietician put Charmain on Ensure as Well
    she has 2 shakes a day for the snacks
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I guess if you are planning on using them for life then it should work ..but are you really going to have a meal replacement shake for dinner, for life? IMO you would do better with just finding a point where you restrict calories, lose weight, and eat healthy, this will put you on a path to long term changes that will have long term healthy benefits....

I always say that you should eat your food, not drink it ...
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    im looking for an alternative shake,, as ensure has lots of sugar in it.. had a look at Evox, Futurelife, herbalife etc... it all gets pricy
  • cheriesteenkamp
    Options
    ndj1979... no def not for ever.. just to help me out in the beginning.. i drink it in the car on my way home..
    reason:::: usually im starving when i get home.. and grab whatever i find..this is helping me ALOT in that sense

im using it as a helping "hand" for dinner,, and to shrink my tummy
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I started GNC lean shakes on Thursday of last week. I am down 4 lbs. I feel full after I drink them and the swiss chocolate is great!
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person so I have a protein shake almost every day. Days I work I also have one for lunch or dinner depending on my shift. The ones I have for lunch or dinner, I add a banana and 1TBSP of peanut butter to make them more filling.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person so I have a protein shake almost every day. Days I work I also have one for lunch or dinner depending on my shift. The ones I have for lunch or dinner, I add a banana and 1TBSP of peanut butter to make them more filling.

If you're not a breakfast person, maybe you shouldn't have breakfast at all and save the calories for later. It is a myth that breakfast is essential for everyone.