Is anyone else doing the INSANITY Fitness Challenge?

Options
Hi

I've just signed up to myfitnesspal in the UK and I'm on Day 3 of the INSANITY Fitness Challenge and wondered if anyone else was doing this and would be interested in buddying up to help keep each other motivated?

Thanks

Replies

• miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm half way through week 3. Add me if you want.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    hi i ordered mine last week and it should be here today or tomorrow
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the workouts and have never made it past day 3 :(
    I have been debating starting it back up but I am scared I'll give up again.
  • aramintaaraminta
    Options
    hi,

I am on the start of week 3 for insanity. I have noticed my body getting fitter, after doing the second fitness test i can see big improvements. However, the scales haven't really moved since I have started. I have revisited my diet and hopefully will start to see more movement. I do need support, I am a yo yo dieter. Normally the moment I feel i haven't lost enough, I give up. This time I don't want it to be a fad I want it to be a life change. So if anyone has any help or support I will much appreciate it. Good luck to everyone else doing it, and anyone thinking of doing it.. Try it, its not like anything else.

Minty :)
  • MysticFiree
    Options
    My Insanity pack only came through in the last week. Due to a busy month at work, I'm planning to start on the 2nd September.

Using these 2 weeks to start cutting out all the unhealthy foods, so I have no temptation to quit as I begin.
    What is everyone using as their diet plan
  • narcisis22
    Options
    Day 1
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Half way thru the 3rd week, feel free to add so we can share the pain!!:laugh:
  • daniellemoffatt2011
    Options
    I'm proud to say i just completed day 3 of INSANITY and I'm super sore but i feel AMAZING!!! Each day i look forward to working out:happy: knowing that it's going to kick my butt and soak me with sweat. I would ultimately like to lose 50 pounds.
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the workouts and have never made it past day 3 :(
    I have been debating starting it back up but I am scared I'll give up again.

Push through a couple more days!!! My legs stopped wanting to murder me by day 5. I just finished Day 24 and the work outs don't quite get "easier" but it's because every work out you are able to do a little more!! And in just 24 days I've lost over 12 inches and finally seeing weight loss. (5lbs!) Plus...I feel GREAT after the work out. Even though I'm drenched in sweat!
  • becalynz
    Options
    I love the workout program...have made it up to Day 5 previously, not because I just quit but because I'm trying to do too much and end up hurting myself to the point I can't continue...usually the knees which I understand is not uncommon when one is significantly overweight and trying to do Insanity.

I'm at the point where I'm able to pick it up again, but I need to focus on doing the workout at my level with proper form...close to 80 extra pounds, I have to realize I have limits. ;)

There isn't an Insanity exercise in MFP is there? I looked for it, ended up using 'Calisthenics' on the days I did it.
  • nursediva00
    Options
    I'm on Day 20 and VERY proud of myself!
  • Fannyke
    Fannyke Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    My name is Fannyke and I'm 49 years old. I live at the Netherlands with my husband and two dogs.
    I started today with insanity. My fittest surprised me = I'm not fit at all. At the end of next month we'll visit the US and I hope I've dropped one size by then.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Can I please ask what this is? never heard of it and very interested!
  • BeSUP
    BeSUP Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I have just finished th 3rd week. Fo the first week my calves were agony but the pain goes. You can definately feel a difference after a while, you still sweat and are generally exhausted after but you seem to do more than when you started. I am off on holiday from the end of next week so I wont complete it and will start back at the beginning when I get home. Good luck and give me a shout if you need anything. Becky x
  • daniellemoffatt2011
    Options
    Today will be day 4 of INSANITY and I've lost 2 pounds so far!!!!! :happy: Can't wait to work out today!!!
  • cemckay
    cemckay Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi

I don't weigh myself - remember as you get fitter you build muscle which is far heavier than fat. If you've been doing it for 3 weeks take you measurements again and see how many inches you've lost rather than weight - would be good to know if it's working
  • cemckay
    cemckay Posts: 9
    Options
    HI

It's basically extreme aerobics which is done over 60 days and guarantees to transform your body by stripping away all the fat and building muscle. You can watch videos on YouTube and this is the website www.insanity.com or www.beachbody.com
  • KOhealthnut
    Options
    My husband and I just did day 3 today as well!!
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    HI

It's basically extreme aerobics which is done over 60 days and guarantees to transform your body by stripping away all the fat and building muscle. You can watch videos on YouTube and this is the website www.insanity.com or www.beachbody.com

Thank you :)
  • OhhSoGlamorous
    Options
    I ordered my insanity and I did the fit test, due to a leg injury I occurred at a dance show I didn't continue, however I am planning to start it once my leg is completely healed.. add me if you want :) Insanity buddies !