Paleo newbie here :) add me!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This Paleo sounds interesting......maybe I should do some research
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've just started Wheat Belly -- very similar to Paleo, from what I understand. Adding you :) Anyone else on Wheat Belly/Paleo/gluten-free, feel free to add! :)
  • mojowrkn
    mojowrkn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well to start no oatmeal on Paleo and peanut butter not so great. Egss yes turkey bacon meh real bacon is better. Lots of veggies. You will get the lo-carb headache just go through it, it goes away. Paleo/Primal is more than eating its a way of life.

Get knowledged up here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

-Mojo
  • mojowrkn
    mojowrkn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love when I go to a lunch and request something bread free and get pizza! seriously people!
  • bradlette
    bradlette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I first started doing Paleo in 2005 to clear up my 20- year cystic acne. It worked amazingly!

However, over the intervening years, I slacked off considerably. I pursued a computer career, became very sedentary, and started drinking alcohol pretty heavily. I would say that I did paleo about 15/85 - the reverse ratio of what's recommended!! I also gained about 20 lb. to top out at 153 lb. (I am female & 5'3".)

Anyways, I am between jobs right now, and decided that now's the time to get back on track. I have been doing a fairly strict lacto-paleo diet since July 31, 2013. It's been pretty great! After the first few days, my cravings for processed carbs and alcohol dried right up.

I would love to have some other Paleo/Primal friends on here. Although it's easy to get Paleo foods here in Minneapolis, most of my friends skew towards vegetarian/ vegan. Also, I am a little discouraged. I lost 5-6 pounds of water weight the first week, but haven't really seen the scale budge since then. Considering dropping dairy & fruits, but don't really want to.

I don't yet know how to add friends or the etiquette for it, so for anyone else in this thread doing a similar diet, please add me, and I will work on figuring it out. Thanks!:happy: