My first FIGURE competition!

Options

Replies

• gilevai
    gilevai Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, just wow... Fantastic job, I just... You rock girl..
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You are my inspiration!!! I was 212 last year when I started on MFP and making healthier choices. Congrats on everything!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and btw i love the Tattoo
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! you look hot and great!
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Just attended my first competition show and it was amazing. I'm so inspired by all the hard work and dedication by everyone. You look fantastic, congrats!

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    142 lbs

That's impressively high actually. Awesome amount of lean body mass.
    [/quote]

Well I am 5ft 10.5 inches tall 142 is not really that high.
    [/quote]

I'm 'just' 5'9" but if I can make 142 look half that good someday I'll be ecstatic. I started working with a trainer for 3 weeks of prep to get into 5x5s and I'm feeling great. She competes in physique and is amazing just like you. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. I'm going to hang on to your info to read more later :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    That transformation is F'in awesome.
    QFT
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulation on your increadible change wowee
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, I recently added "compete in a bikini or figure competition" to my bucket list... This is insanely inspirational.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    First I'm going to say the same as others - you made an amazing transformation. Congrats. And I've seen you're diary, you have achieved that without starvation.
    My question is how do you measure BF? I genuinely mean no offense but 8% is quite low.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow, just incredible. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wow how did you get your arms so toned and how often and how long do you work out and you must not do any junk food, right? You look amazing, a lot of weight loss.
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First I'm going to say the same as others - you made an amazing transformation. Congrats. And I've seen you're diary, you have achieved that without starvation.
    My question is how do you measure BF? I genuinely mean no offense but 8% is quite low.

I'm glad you noticed my logs. I never starved myself- I actually eat a WHOLE LOT. And I really eat what I want as long as it fits my macros.

BF% I measure by skinfolds (3 site) every week and every month the BodPod/plethysmography. 8% was my stage %( pretty much a requirement for figure competitors). As i'm slowly walking back up to maintenance calories my bf% will increase. No one can maintain stage day leaness/look. I will probably be around 10%bf in this off season. My next cut cycle will start December 1st.
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow how did you get your arms so toned and how often and how long do you work out and you must not do any junk food, right? You look amazing, a lot of weight loss.

I originally gained definition in my arms, back and shoulders from pole dance fitness. When I decided to start competing I began weightlifting. I lift 6 days per week for about 2hrs a session, I also teach/participate in pole fitness 3 days per week, and I am a group exercise instructor (usually teach about 2 classes a week for the school).

Junk Food: My pedagogy is IIFYM (if it fits your macros). I wouldn't label any food as "junk" food, there are just healthier options out there. Having some indulgence leads to less bingeing. What most people would consider junk food (ice cream, poptarts, etc..) I have pretty regularly as long as it fits within my MACROS. A poptart is usally my pre-workout along with a simple carb like a peach. The key here is balance- I don't eat poptarts at every meal (and I just eat 1) but I do consume these foods.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That transformation is F'in awesome.
    QFT

Word!! What an incredible transformation!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Wow! What would you consider a good beginners programme.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Great transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!