Halfway, Baby!!

Options

Replies

• bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OMG I so needed to see this today! I am also 5'2", large build, and my starting weight was 244. I'm 231 right now and get discouraged very easily, but everyone on mfp is really keeping me more committed than I have ever been. I remember being 180 7 years ago and actually being very comfortable with myself, so even though I won't stop there, I can't wait to BE there again and be comfortable in my own skin. Congrats! You look great!

Thank you! Before we know it, Ill be reading your half-way story. :) MFP members & friends mean so much to me. The stories, suggestions, advice, encouragement... they mean the world. I'm so grateful for it.
  • mfoley1007
    mfoley1007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats on halfway!! I have a son (4) and my daughter just turned 1. I am determined more than ever to make a change now because I want her to learn healthy habits from the start because I will just be heartbroken if she has to deal with the same yoyo dieting and being overweight her whole life like I did! in about 3.5 weeks I lost 8 and have about 40 to go. You are inspirational=)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! What an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • clearlyme
    Options
    OMG I so needed to see this today! I am also 5'2", large build, and my starting weight was 244. I'm 231 right now and get discouraged very easily, but everyone on mfp is really keeping me more committed than I have ever been. I remember being 180 7 years ago and actually being very comfortable with myself, so even though I won't stop there, I can't wait to BE there again and be comfortable in my own skin. Congrats! You look great!

Thank you! Before we know it, Ill be reading your half-way story. :) MFP members & friends mean so much to me. The stories, suggestions, advice, encouragement... they mean the world. I'm so grateful for it.

Aw I hope so! Thanks!
  • bmskid
    Options
    You look great, congrats on halfway!! I have a son (4) and my daughter just turned 1. I am determined more than ever to make a change now because I want her to learn healthy habits from the start because I will just be heartbroken if she has to deal with the same yoyo dieting and being overweight her whole life like I did! in about 3.5 weeks I lost 8 and have about 40 to go. You are inspirational=)

Awesome!! I know exactly what you mean! I've explained (in kid terms) to my little ones what exactly I'm doing and the four-year-old sort-of understands. The whole journey has made us have the nutrition conversation with them and hopefully it'll stay with them long-term. I was a severely overweight child. Like you, I don't want that for them.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done keep up the good work:smile:
  • bmskid
    Options
    You look great, well done keep up the good work:smile:

thank you so much. :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    omg wow!!! amazing!! good for you!! u look awesome!!
  • bmskid
    Options
    omg wow!!! amazing!! good for you!! u look awesome!!

thank you!
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You look amazing--congratulations! No doubt you'll make it to your ultimate goal!
  • mfoley1007
    mfoley1007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My son knows that I go exercize but doesn't really understand why I think...I realized that I sounded like I only care about my daughters eating habits and being healthy in that post LOL! That is only because my son barely will eat and is a stick figure and I am sure he has my husbands genes (my husband was almost 6 feet and probably 130 lbs soaking wet in high school and couldn't gain weight to save his life) so thats why I am a little more concerned over my daughter ,she eats a ton already and loves food, I think shell have my gene's...poor girl;) Wanted to clarify I sounded like a didn't give a crap about my son lol!
  • bmskid
    Options
    My son knows that I go exercize but doesn't really understand why I think...I realized that I sounded like I only care about my daughters eating habits and being healthy in that post LOL! That is only because my son barely will eat and is a stick figure and I am sure he has my husbands genes (my husband was almost 6 feet and probably 130 lbs soaking wet in high school and couldn't gain weight to save his life) so thats why I am a little more concerned over my daughter ,she eats a ton already and loves food, I think shell have my gene's...poor girl;) Wanted to clarify I sounded like a didn't give a crap about my son lol!

No way! I understand exactly what you mean. Plus, not that extra weight doesn't negatively effect boys, too, but I've definitely learned from this website that there are WAAAY more teenage girls who struggle with eating disorders than I ever realized. So much pressure.
  • Clauduchinno
    Options
    Wow, you are looking incredible already. Definitely inspiration material!

Keep up the good work!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You look so good! What a fun mommy you are too!
  • angiemotto
    angiemotto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats On your weight loss! You look great!
  • bmskid
    Options
    You look so good! What a fun mommy you are too!

haha thanks! She doesn't usually wear pants (dresses only) but I convinced her to wear jeans to match me that day, so it was extra exciting and definitely deserving of a silly face. :)
  • IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job !!!
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Great job! Awesome Transformation!
  • MT30_backbone
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! My stats are pretty similar! 5'2.5", HW 233, CW 182.5

Good luck on the rest of your journey! You got this! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!