2»

Replies

• ncbeachprincess
    Options
    Quick and Super Easy Omelet/Omelet Sandwich

2 eggs, beaten
    veggies, peppers, onions, etc.
    meat if you prefer, i dont like meat a lot

Saute the veggies or not (if you like them crunchy), pour the eggs in a microwave bowl, pour in the veggies, microwave for about 4 minutes. It comes out as a round egg with the veggies in it. You can eat it like that or place on whole wheat bread or skinny bread with a little shredded cheese (to taste).

Delicious!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Some mornings, it's two hard boiled eggs and an ounce of cheese. Sometimes, an ounce of almonds, a banana and a tangerine (that was today.) Sometimes it's greek yoghurt with stevia and either nuts or fruit. Sometimes it's 50 grams of oats, 20g of a 'brunch' mix of nuts, coconut, dried berries and seeds, and sometimes it's nothing.

All those are pretty healthy. Most (except nothing of course) work out to the 350 calorie range.
  • _dinorah
    _dinorah Posts: 11
    Options
    I just have my go to breakfast: oatmeal.

1 cup of milk (usually low fat but I've used whole milk before)
    1 whole banana (i mash it into the milk for the banana flavor to permeate)
    1 teaspoon of cinnamon
    1/2 cup of oats
    Let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until Its ready satisfied
    Pour into a plate
    Mix a teaspoon of honey
    And top it off with a tablespoon of chia seeds

Very delicious!! It's easily my biggest meal of the day and it leaves me satisfied for a long time. And it's my favorite pre workout meal
  • megsybeth
    megsybeth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son and I can't have any gluten and I try to avoid all the gluten free flours because they tend to be high calorie. Lately I've been doing a lot of sweet potato pancakes for the boys. They're super easy. Cook a sweet potato or two in the microwave, mush it up, mix with an egg, a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of cinnamon. Put a dollop in a hot pan. Fry in oil. Coconut oil tastes really good for this.
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    I hate breakfast, too. I usually go for a big glass of ice water or a fruit smoothie with a banana and a Clif Bar.
  • Sabrinalise
    Options
    Me too!!! With a slice of sliced turkey meat.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    A couple of good recipes that we like for breakfast are Tutti - Fruiti Muesli - add 1/2 c of vanilla yogurt, 1/4 c old fashioned muesli, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana - mix together and it is a nice filling breakfast. Another one I really like is chop up a small apple, use almond milk, add a little granola on to and voila, breakfast! What about an English muffin, with eggs and Canadian bacon...
  • haywood87
    Options
    Hey guys! I'd love to offer some of the healthy recipes I use. I have lost a total of 50lbs and accredit recipes like this to my success.

Baked Banana Blueberry Oatmeal: http://www.injoymint.com/blog/article/?sid=7
    Avocado Fruit salad: http://www.injoymint.com/blog/article/?sid=27

I guarantee you will love these. Let me know what you think.
  • annalee413
    Options
    bump .... plus lovin my Steel Cut oats for Breakfast... make them over night in the fridge and eat them cold... or do use the microwave and eat them warm... yummy anyway you make them! Fabulous way to start out your day..:flowerforyou:
    Weekdays I usually have homemade turkey sausage (99% lean ground turkey breast mixed with salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning, shaped into 2oz patties and cooked),
    gonna have to try this.. if I make my own I can control the sodium and all the other junk put in the store bought ones.. thanks!
    You can also add fennel seeds. Just crush them in your hand first. They add a wonderful punch.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like to toast a light English muffin, spread it with either 25g avocado or one Laughing Cow wedge (Swiss is the best), scramble an egg, fry a slice of turkey bacon, then assemble a sandwich -- cut the bacon in half and the halves fit perfectly on the muffin with the egg. If I have time I add a thin round of onion and one of tomato. Comes out at 250-280 calories, easy to make, high protein, absolutely delicious. If I'm working around a special occasion (dinner out later, too many booze calories the day before, whatever) I'll halve this and have a very satisfying 125-135 calorie breakfast!

Full disclosure: about half the time I skip the egg and have double bacon... which actually reduces the caloric load for this sandwich.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    White Rice or Oat Meal and Egg Whites :smile:
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Toasted sprout bread with organic peanut butter and banana, very filling.
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This may not be too helpful, but I like to mix grape nuts with Greek yogurt. It keeps me full for a long time, and doesn't really taste like cereal (I don't like milk, so don't eat a lot of cereal because it isn't good dry). Anyway, for about 330 or so calories, I get something that keeps me full until lunch.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I make little egg quiches sometimes. 1 egg per muffin tin. Mix the egg with a little milk. You can add whatever toppings: Bacon, sausage, spinach, cheese, or leave it plain. Cook it at 350deg until the egg sets up. Then you can put those in your freezer and pull out as needed. 30 seconds in the microwave and its a hot low-cal (and good for you) breakfast.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast too. You dont have to have "breakfast" items.

Just eat what you like. Breakfast is just a name, not a food restriction. If you want steak or mac 'n cheese or ribs, go for it.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today was raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and a tub of strawberry yoghurt poured over the top mmmmmmm yummy!
  • soccermom5314
    soccermom5314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bring breakfast, snacks and lunch to work with me.
    Breakfast is usually one of the following:
    cream of wheat
    an english muffin with 1 tablespoon of almond butter
    OR a bagel thin with sugar free jelly
    and of course coffee with a flavored fat free creamer!