Looking for some motivating people to keep me in check

Options
Hi, I'm Mary and I'm 23. I used to be extremely active, whether that was working out in the gym, hiking, etc and then I got pregnant. My son is now 9 months old and I've just piddled around since he was born. A little hiking here, and little workout there, but it's time to get serious again and take my body back. Up until yesterday I had just set the goal for myself to get fit but it was way too broad and left too much room for cheat days and excuses. So I had to revamp. New goal is to lose at least 1lb a week and if I lose more then awesome. Current weight is 213 but don't be fooled, I carry a decent amount of muscle on this short frame of mine. You can't squat 185 lbs with chicken legs lol. My first goal is to get down to 200 by the time my son turns 1, which is in November. Right in time to put it all back on on Turkey day. No, I'm just kidding but it for sure will be a cheat day for me. ;) Anyway, I'm looking for motivating friends that I could talk to here on the regular. People who I can be honest with about my successes and failures and I can do the same in return for them. All my friends here are twigs and don't workout, go figure. Also, if you're in the Colo Springs area, lets maybe meet up. Go for a hike. Workout partners always make it better anyway. =)

Replies

• Fitiny
    Fitiny Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log every day, try to workout 5 days a week, and try to eat healthy.
    Sending you a friend request.
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    fell free to add me
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    from the UK but try to tell it how it is and happy to motivate when required! I have IBS so even though i have only 28lbs to lose- its an uphill battle every day, but I'm here and i'm doing it and i'll get there in the end!

Love zumba, hiking (just getting back into it myself, aiming for once a month to hike the hills in the beautiful Lake district), swimming and yoga. Feel free to add me.