periods have stopped?

Options

Replies

• avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes I have got advice from good people but some people have made me feel so stupid for asking advice on here. I will go to my doctor. I just wanted to see if any one had the same problem from eating fewer calories and exercising more. I am upset right now and really wish I hadn't asked anything.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    hey,
    i think its very common, i wouldnt worry about, wait to see if you miss another one first. there are many reasons to miss it, hell even just to much stress! i only eat roughly 1400, exercise a bunch, my diary is open check it out, i usually only have one every 2 months, and according to my doctor im fine and healthy. your body may just not used to it yet, give it time,but i dont think your working out to much. if your still worried just see your doctor.

NO!

she hasnt had it for 4 months!

SEE A DOCTOR!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

lol my first though too ^^^

QFT....take a pregnancy test FIRST, then go see your doctor. That being said, stress of any kind (including quick weight loss OR gain) can alter your periods for 3-6 months and this is considered NORMAL. Unless you are now 4 months pregnant, there is very little to worry about, and your periods will likely return all on their own, without intervention. If you're not on a birth control pill, this will likely be what is offered to help you regulate again.

Spinderella, MD - Ob/Gyn
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Even if anyone was a doctor on here, they wouldn't be able to properly diagnosis your problem.

Please I am speaking from experience years ago. I went 8 months without a period and finally went to my ob/gyn. I was diagnosed with multiple fibroid tumors that were the size of me being 4 months pregnant. Please make an apt with your ob/gyn asap. Yes, it could be possible that it is diet/exercise related, but it also could be something of a different nature.

Please let us know how it goes.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    keep-calm-and-go-to-the-doctor.png
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

LIKE!
  • SmallestGoal
    SmallestGoal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what most would assume, you don't have to have single-digit body fat % or anorexic BMI to lose your period. Science isn't quite sure why some women lose it/get it back at X weight, and others at Y. (I lost mine at a BMI of 22 when I was losing weight steadily & quickly, but then a few years later, got to a /very/ low BMI and single-digit BF% slowly without missing a period. *shrugs*)

Bottom line, though, if you aren't menstruating, you're losing bone density. It's not usually measurable until you've lost it for a while, but why get a head start on ANY of your post-menopausal bone loss? Studies are ongoing, but the latest results I've seen suggest that going on birth control to "force" a period out doesn't change the bone loss, because just replacing estrogen doesn't treat all the underlying factors.

Get thee to a gyno, obviously. At the very least, you need to look long and hard at your intake/burn/net calories and slow things down.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @OP: Yes there is a know relationship between periods and weight loss/diet change. I got my period a week too early after drastically lowering my intake to 1200- maybe it wasn't even related, but I have been back to normal, so... meh! But slight deviations from your regular period is different than not getting it for 4 months. That is why everyone yells "Doctor!" first. Good luck, I hope it works out well in the end!
  • avimoo
    Options
    If you don't like my topic don't comment. SIMPLE. Just because it is a public forum does not give people an excuse to be rude. I see posts all the time about medical issues and they don't get rude comments. from what I see the whining you refer to is coming from the people that don't like my post.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh boy....

..oh, and see a doctor as soon as possible.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    IMO, based on the information you gave as far as eating 1500 calories and walking 3.5 miles 5 times a week, that does not sound too extreme and should not interfere with your period. Of course, I am not a doctor and have zero medical training. I have also experienced missed periods but I am perimenopausal (sp?) and my missed periods are accompanied by hotflashes and nightsweats! =(
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If you don't like my topic don't comment. SIMPLE. Just because it is a public forum does not give people an excuse to be rude. I see posts all the time about medical issues and they don't get rude comments. from what I see the whining you refer to is coming from the people that don't like my post.

Show me one post where there is a period question and you don't get people telling you to go to a doctor, You are asking for advice that can simply not be given over the internet. EVER. there are a metric *kitten* ton of reasons why you have lost your period.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Bare's repeating!! :wink:

ETA: PLEASE GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am consuming 15oo calories and walking 3.5 mile 5 times a week. Maybe I should cut down on the exercise?
    See a doctor. You are not eating so little or moving so much that it should affect your period.

Again SEE A DOCTOR.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Four months of no cycle out of the blue is not something we can help with. First of all, you need to rule out pregnancy. People who suggest you see a doctor are giving you sound advice.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

If you are seriously concerned with the loss of your menstrual cycle go to the doctor and just learn to ignore posts you consider "rude".
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well it might be nothing, or pregnancy, or PCOS, or anemia, or ovarian cancer, or..........

Since you might need blood work or a physical exam, go see a dr
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I can honestly say that I LOVE your topic. It's the best topic I have read on here all day. Also, I think you will find that most posts about medical conditions DO get similar responses.

P.S. See a doctor.
  • fefferknits
    Options
    Or thyroid. You need to see a doctor--it could be any number of larger health reasons.
  • avimoo
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people telling me to see a doctor it is the rude comments that some people are saying. I only wanted some advice. I didn't think it would be made into such a big deal. of course I will go to my doctor. I am not stupid. I only wanted peoples opinions.