RUNNERS! Beginners or elite... add me!

Options

Replies

• katrinaneuman
    katrinaneuman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started jogging/running right before I joined MFP I am totally addicted. I would love to have a friend on MFP as I only have one so far, so please add me:)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a crazy passionate runner slowly getting back to it after some major life issues. I don't log my exercise currently or weigh right now for personal reasons but put in out there with my food diary. Any crazy runners feel free to friend the only people that get runners are other runners!
  • lsg1015
    lsg1015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a C25K girl. At this point, I'm strictly a tread-mill runner (5K) every other day. Feel free to add me--I'd love to hear any running news!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I love running!
    Please add me as well if you're interested in the running field(:
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I took a break from running the past few months but I'm back now. Feel free to add me :)
  • jones092508
    jones092508 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Send a request my way! :) Beginner here, I hope to eventually be healthy enough to go on long daily runs and not feel as though my lungs will explode! lol
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    add me too! I currently run 3-4 miles.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Doing a 14k in September. I run a minimum of 3 times a week, and usually aim for 5 times per week. Lately, I've been doing shorter, hill runs, and really enjoy those.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I run (almost) daily! I need to start taking rest days but I feel so odd when I don't run. Friend request coming your way! :-)
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm putting together a Virtual 5K and I think it's gonna be a lot of fun! For more information go to http://runnerdude2013.dyndns.org/

This will give you info and let you sign up for the race, which is free, BTW.

Be sure and let all your MFP Friends know!

Thanks!
  • ninessential
    Options
    I am pretty much a beginner. I've been walk/run/walk.. and so on. I'm pretty out of shape been trying to build my distance up but I realize for me it's about breathing and a certain beat has to be playing for me to keep going. I usually run between 4 and 6mph. And can run without stopping for about a quarter to half a mile.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I ran my first half marathon last fall and try to run 4 days a week.
  • elizabethgriebel
    Options
    I've been a runner for over 10 years and run everything from a 5k to a half-marathon. I am also the founder of my local running club and I use C25K for my beginner runners. I would love to connect with fellow runners and help any way that I can! I also don't have many friends that use MFP, so the more the merrier to help keep me logging :)
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm also a runner and I'd love more running friends :)
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started running in 2006 as part of a fundraising team for Joints in Motion. I went from NEVER having run to running my first 10k in less than 2 months and then I completed the Honolulu Marathon about 5 months later with a combination of walking and running. Don't be intimidated by the idea of running, and don't sell yourself short if you "only" run short distances. Running has HUGE benefits, regardless of how fast or how far you run! (and yes, you're a runner even if you only "jog" a few times a week!). Once you have the bug, you may take breaks from it, but you'll always come back to it! I have been running on and off since 2006 and just recently "on" after a 1 year hiatus, so it's back to square one for me, but it feels fantastic to be out there again!!

I would LOVE more MFP runner friends!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Used to run all the time when younger..started wogging in August and really starting to get back into the flow...i log activity (run alone) since they are not any running clubs nearby so I would like some runner friends as well
  • Nephere
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm an intermediate runner, I guess you could say? I have been running off and on most of my life, and have been finally able to run consistently since about last December. I use Zombies, Run! as my main running app, because it's beyond fantastic~ RunKeeper is my second running app, for when I don't feel like getting chased by zombies. I would love to have friends who are runners! I don't really have any local friends who enjoy running (my friends and family all think something must be off-kilter in my brain if I willing go out and run), so it would be nice to have friends online who love running as much as I do.
  • BobDuncan1
    Options
    Just Joined today. I still run everyday, but have slacked off on healthy eating & exercise after some bad knee pain. Today was my longest run in the last 6 months, so I have a renewed motivation to get back on track and loose some of that weight. I hope I can keep up the higher mileage and diet tracking! It has been tough in the past, but my body will thank me in the long run.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for about 4 months now and it's helped me significantly with the weight loss.

First 10K race being run on 6 October.

Friends always welcome.