Favorite Exercise Video?

Options
For those that use videos as a way to beat the fat, what do you "like' the most (or dislike the least)? I like videos because I need something that makes me sweat and work as hard and quick as possible (3 kids, full time job). Would love to run but no treadmill and I live in Texas.. humidity, that's all I got to say.

Anyway, I like Denise Austin Blast Away 10 lbs so far. It's an older one but I work a lot harder that I did with Tae Bo or some other videos I've tried. Most of her videos involve two 20 minute routines so you don't have to do the same thing everyday but I double it up and do both a day. Plus I like videos that involve punching and kicking (inner tough girl maybe?) and not so thrilled with the many dancing ones I've tried.. I love to dance.. but these videos point out how clumsy and stupid I look when I do it.

Replies

• CCCsgirl
    CCCsgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It a nice circuit workout with strength, cardio, and abs. There are three different levels so you can easily challenge yourself more the stronger you get.
  • GeorgiaSlover
    Options
    Debbie Siebers' Slim in Six is my favorite. It is low impact and has three different levels of intesity. Plus Debbie is nice and inspiring. You can get it pretty cheap on ebay. :)

Hope this helps! And good luck!

Georiga :)
  • ambercole
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME! I also like Insanity. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred was ok in the beginning but now it is just boring.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels 30 DS - it is really good. And it is challenging as well.

Vickie
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I love videos too! Not a gym rat...just a living room rat! :laugh: I have been doing an older Pilates video by Leslie Sansome. I also like her Walk Away the Pounds videos. I checked out Dancing with the Stars Latin Dance video. It is great fun and you sure work up a sweat if you do it all. I am sending it back to Netflix until my feet are better. I have had 2 foot surgeries in the past year and can see it is too intense for these tootsies right now. But you might like it! :happy:

:flowerforyou: You are an Art teacher...I am a teacher too! We are too bushed to hit the gym after school....hence the videos! :yawn: :bigsmile:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Check out Tammilee Webb: I have her TIght on TIme & Best Of-2 disc set with abs, buns, thighs, cardio & 2 yoga bonuses with Stacey McCarthy. I also have Scott Coles Discover Tai Chi for Weight Loss and Janis Safell/Scott Cole Balanced Workout (Tai Chi/Kickboxing mix - it is AWESOME :love: )

I've been mixing them up for the last 10 months, 5-6 days per week: my focus has been exercise toning/firming more than "losing" and I've noticed, felt, seen the change. I just wish I had been taking pics of my progress all along :happy:
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    I love the Turbo Jam dvd's! They are the absolute best. Chalene is just awesome and it involves kickboxing with some free-style dancing...best of both worlds! I can't wait until I am ready to do her Turbo Fire dvd's.
  • ktyang04
    Options
    I love The Firm.
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    I'm part of the P90X cult - I got results- plain and simple. I know a lot of gals really like Chalen Johnson and her Turbofire stuff.
  • dolliesnlollies
    Options
    Can anyone suggest one that doesn't have a lot of high impact (I have a bone degenerative arthritis), makes you sweat and has a lot of "tough guy moves"? LOL. You know, boxing and martial arts type? Not sweet fluffy stuff. Also I hate floor exercises because I have the hardest floor ever.. but a little is fine. Picky aren't I?
    This Shred.. what is it like?
  • ermommy08
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks tae Bo, and his boot camp workouts :-)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Dollie - see my previous reply on this one: I have arthritis, nerve damage, hip displacement and compressed & herniated disks from the neck down (due to car accidents) and to top it all off, I'm genetically predisposed for weak joints (knees & hips are the worst!). So, in short, I totally understand your need to sweat with low impact. That's why I love the DVD's I have; the only 2 that are a little more intense impact-wise is 1 15-min segment for the Tammilee Webb cardio & the Balanced Workout Tai-Chi/Kickboxing. But I've built up to be able to handle those, and I know my limits. Losing some of the extra weight and firming & strengthening muscles in weak area has made a HUGE difference :happy:
    I'm seeing results, building muscle, and looking & feeling better now than I have in years, even better than when I was over 10lbs thinner than I currently am :happy:
    I wish you best of luck on your search for the ultimate workout: and it's no biggie to be picky: you have limitations that you have to take into account and you don't want to hurt yourself while trying to improve on what you already have.