Breakfast Options

Options
2»

Replies

• phatzzzs
    Options
    For my wife and I we love to eat great tasting food. We shred up any veggies we have, zucchinni, squash, carrot, onion, parsnip, turnip, potato. After they are shredded we will fry or gril them up with some sausage or oscar meyer turkey bacon. Add as many eggs as you want. Great energy and flavor for the start of the day. You can prepare everything the night before as well so you just warm it and go! Good luck!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    For my wife and I we love to eat great tasting food. We shred up any veggies we have, zucchinni, squash, carrot, onion, parsnip, turnip, potato. After they are shredded we will fry or gril them up with some sausage or oscar meyer turkey bacon. Add as many eggs as you want. Great energy and flavor for the start of the day. You can prepare everything the night before as well so you just warm it and go! Good luck!

Mmmm Bubble and Squeak. Now I know what I'm making for Saturday's breakfast!

I've been doing an egg quick poached in a bit of Kerry Gold butter in the microwave with a bit of mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top and a side of frozen fruit with a bit of cream. Very yummy.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Warm Quinoa with honey cinnamon and banana!

or

Greek Yogurt (Chobani brand is amazing) with Granola and fresh Berries!

or

SMOOTHIES!!!!!!! Frozen Banana/Frozen Berries/Greek Yogurt or Soy Milk/Avocado

WOW we must have matching taste buds. :happy: that's exactly what i would have suggested. oh, and if the quinoa is too much work to prepare (although you can do it ahead of time), try a quick-cooking grain such as barley
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    1) 2 scrambled eggs with 1 rice cake topped with 1 low fat cheese wedge
    2) A bowl of mixed fruit (mostly strawberries, blackberries, rasberries and 1 small banana) mixed with a small pot of soya yoghurt and a tablespoon of linseeds.
    3) My Saturday morning treat - Wheatabix with soya milk and 1 small banana sliced on top
    4) 2 scrambled eggs with 2 teaspoons of pinenuts
    Will have to look at all the other suggestions and try them out! :-)
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are easy and portable. Oatmeal with almonds and blueberries.

Canadian bacon with egg on a slice of whole wheat toast

I also make a breakfast burrito with fajita sized flour tortilla, one laughing cow cheese wedge and two scrambled eggs.

Always with a glass of skim milk.

• willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    How did you lose 13 in 2 wks?
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 67 lbs. That is encouraging to see you cause you are to where I am trying to go.