What is the weirdest food you ever tasted? Liked or Disliked

Options
2»

Replies

• Penny_Harrison
    Penny_Harrison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hehe it WAS!! Loved them both. OOHH and I've eaten roasted pigs head and chicken hearts. I liked them too.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    sushi
  • elizabethadkins737
    Options
    Weirdest food I've tasted was uni (sea urchin).

Looked like orange boogers, tasted like seaweed and sand. Texture was that of phlegm. I didn't get sick, but I'm not really looking to try THAT again O.o
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Broiled camel (In Egypt, 1977)... spicy, but I liked it.
    A durian...the flavor was nice, texture sort of custardy, but the rotten-meat smell was a bit much.
    Not weird, but...German blood sausage. Love it! Especially the smoked version. Never mind what it looks like.
    Tripe and head cheese.. My dad loved it. Mother and I hated the very sight of it.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    one of my exes liked peanut butter and turkey breast sandwiches.

driest crap I've ever eaten, and horrible.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    My ex once made me a peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon toasted sandwich. It was strange, but actually really delicious!
    I also went to Cold Stone Creamery one time and had them mix all their yogurt and ice cream flavors into one creation (no sorbets though), and it tasted pretty darn good, despite the horrified looking employee who mixed it for me!
  • caitypants86
    caitypants86 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Crocodile meat when I was in Botswana ..... sickening.... strangest texture. Kind of slimy. :sick:
  • britcanuck14
    britcanuck14 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Scorpion in Thailand. Surprisingly not bad, nice crunchy texture lol
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered cricket- odd and salty
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I recently tasted n@tella. I'm altering the spelling so it doesn't show up in my ads. Wow. Tasty.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Over my many years I have tried almost anything that didn't eat me first. Included, rattlesnake,not bad, snails, and all type of sushi. I'm always putting things together that you wouldn't think should be, Most are pretty good. Some people think that cold soups are wierd, but not me.
  • Harlequin167
    Options
    just made a greek yogurt, cream cheese & spinach sandwich and its surprisingly delicious!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I tried escargot once at a bistro that served french food, I was not a fan but a class mate and I were able to come up a really fun sci fi explanation for what they were based on the serving dish, sauce, and crusty pastry covering.

I can't think of anything weird that I like. I do love sushi and people say that's weird.
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Deep fried haggis with melted cheese on top.

And people wonder why Scotland is the second unhealthiest country in the world...