New to this, looking for motivation friends

Options
Hi, I'm Copper. (Actual nickname lol) I just signed on because I WANT to get to my goals but seriously lack motivation and follow through. I have some bad habits that need to change and I truly hate sweating so I use that as an excuse to not excersise. Lame...I know. Is anyone here willing to be that kind of tough motivator and looking for that in return? I need to be regularly reminded of why I'm doing this and have someone check up on me or I WILL slide. There's more info on my profile and please feel free, anyone, to message me. I want us all to succeed at this and show those who doubt us that we CAN loose this sucky weight. I'm just tired of being told by photographers who want to work with me that they didn't "realize I was that big" or being embarrased of all photos that are taken even by the photographers who know and love my size. This is about ME, how I feel about myself and not laying on the couch, depressed and crying that I had a Resees cup after I vowed to try to give up sugar for as long as I can. HELP ME!!! I'll help you if you want me to. Studies show that people are more likely to achieve things if friends support them. I have two real life friends that I can talk to about this but I want MORE. Maybe we can get a whole crowd together with everyone cheering the other person on!

Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Same here! I need some motivation as well. You can do it, but you are going to have to sweat, you do know that right?? lol. :)
  • jhumphreys1975
    jhumphreys1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have learned that there is a fine line between motivation and annoyance. Throughout my life when I have asked for motivation for whatever reason, work, fitness, school, etc. it quickly becomes an annoyance. I see that motivation is more of someone to turn too when you are at the point of giving up. I do not need the daily reminders from someone telling me why I am doing what I am doing. I know full well why. Every now and then you just need that kick in the pants telling you not to give up. Remind yourself daily why you are doing this and you will motivate yourself. It will not be easy but if you keep your goals at the forefront of your thoughts you will succeed. If you need that little kick in the pants every now and then let me know.
  • LaurieN55
    Options
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal as well, but can sure relate to your challenge. In my many attempts to lose weight, I have found that after around 21 days the sugar and carb cravings disappear if I eat "clean," unprocessed foods. Even a bag of potato chips can't sway me...but once I take that morsel of non-essential carb like a cookie, I'm doomed. I'm trying to get through one day at a time without sugar and non-essential carbs (potatoes [which contain carcinogenic acrylamide], pasta, rice, etc.). Try to concentrate on the next level of intensity and length of time you will be spend on cardio and weight/strength training - you can't escape these two exercise components.

I'm in the process of kicking my fat butt back into gear and hope that your day goes well. It's a struggle, it's a challenge, but anything worth taking the effort is worth it. Don't worry so much about the photographers; aim first for the health benefits and the beauty and photo ops will magically appear!

Best of luck and health to you!
  • filicia1025
    filicia1025 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    FR sent.
    I totally agree with you guys, motivation plays a major role at our weightloss journey. I used to workout and did see reasonable results but once i slacked a week or two, it'll take me eons to get back. This is also my first time to sign up in a weightloss community because I don't have somebody who can push me when I'm discouraged. I read the success stories and almost everything in here and I also joined the 90 day challenge and squat challenge to keep me visiting the site daily.
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yall can add me if you like! Im always needing motivation! :) and im happy to give it on those days im feeling pumped! LOL
  • demon2run
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends. Please add me. The more the merrier!
  • CopperMatryoshka
    Options
    LOLOL I totally realize that sweat will have to be involved, I'm just not looking forward to it. You made me chuckle. :-)
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Motivation is my biggest problem because once i get myself moving i go at it and work my butt off lol. I could use the friends for motivation too and i'm new to the site as well.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    But the shower after sweating feels soooooo good. I think we all know that feeling of working out, sweating and then feeling so darn good afterwards. We have to remind ourselves of that feeling.

FR sent.
  • alwaysapirate
    alwaysapirate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FR sent! I know how you feel, I HATE to sweat too. I take cheesy post-workout photos of myself to make it more fun!
  • dawn72467
    Options
    FR sent. I am right there with you (only considerably older). In the past I used every excuse in the book not to work out; no time, kids need me, too tired, I HATE WORKING OUT, etc. However I recently went to a wedding and caught a glimpse of myself in the background of a picture (I hate having my picture taken so I avoid the camera at all cost) and decided I had to do something about it. I came home and joined Planet Fitness on July 17th and have MADE myself go everyday (except 2 and one of those was my birthday) even if it was just to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. All of the reasons I used for excuses still exist, but I worked it out. Planet Fitness is open 24 hours a day so after I get the kids all taken care of for the day I head off to the gym. I don't hate it quite as much as I did and actually feel guilty if I think about not going. We can do this, just got to start and take it one day at a time. You are BEAUTIFUL and will be where you want to be in no time at all.