Anyone following Chris Powell's program?

Options
Hi there, I have been logging my food & exercise while reading Chris Powell's book & also following his program. I'd love to chat with others who are doing their 9 minute missions & carb cycling. Anyone? Thanks!

Replies

• roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I stated the program 2 weeks ago. (This is my third week!)
    I am not positive I have the program down exactly yet but I am trying to get all the tweaks worked out. (Eating lower carb is entirely foreign to me.)
    I think I have made some positive changes already, though I haven't seen any significant difference in the scale. (Granted I just got back from a mini vacation that I was not as strict as I should have been.)

I am:
    drinking more water.
    Upped my exercise. (Though I haven't fully gotten into the 9 minute challenges yet)
    Cut out my sugar intake. (Compared to where it was)
    Eat every 3 hours.
    Eat 30 minutes after waking up.
    Trying to stay on turbo cycle. (Its still a work in process as I haven't exactly figured everything out yet. I struggle with balancing my new way of eating with what my family eats. 2 teens and husband)

I would love to talk to someone that is following the Chris Powell program.
    Thanks!
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm in a similar home situation - 2 teens and a hubby. Luckily over the summer the kids are both busy and mealtime hasn't been too much of a problem. I'll make spaghetti & turkey meatballs for instance, and just have the meatballs when it's a low-carb day or I'll make whole wheat pasta for myself if it's a higher carb day. And of course I add veggies to mine. I think during the school year it may be more of a challenge, but I've been open with my family about the program I'm following.

I just started the 9 minute missions (this was my 3rd morning) and they're tough! For the 9 minute missions, I found it helpful to write the page number of where the exercise is pictured right in the book next to the exercise name, so that if I forget how to do something, I can quickly find it. The other thing I've done which works for me is I read through the missions the night before so that I'm mentally ready for the next days exercises.

Haven't been hungry (a novelty for me!) - this is the first time I've ever done the 5 meals a day thing. I'm following the classic carb cycle.

It's nice to know someone else who's following the program. I just finished reading the book about a week ago, and I follow the show regularly (although I DVR the episode and watch it the following night). Stay in touch if you like - hopefully we can motivate each other.
    Thanks! Beth
  • jok5044
    Options
    Hello!

I am just starting this program (today is my first day!) - and I am looking forward to my new workout/eating schedule! Did you log your 9 minute missions in My Fitness Pal? Or just your regular cardio workouts? I wish there was also a way to change the calorie intake per day on here - but at least I can keep track so I shouldn't complain :)

Hope your programs have been working out for you!
  • amlou26
    amlou26 Posts: 4
    Options
    I log my 9 minute missions under the strength training sometimes.....otherwise I just log my cardio. It would be interesting to find out how many calories you burn in those 9 minutes!