Those who've played American football...what position?

Options

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    O-line, primarily quick side guard.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Strong safety, made varsity freshman year and was a starter sophomore on. Wasn't big enough to play with the big boys in college though.

Weird, I still have dreams about playing though. Sometimes nightmares where I'm late to practice and know gassers are about to go down.

(Hangs head in shame) was about 25 pounds heavier back then with a much smaller bf %. Damn you college fraternity and desk job...not really, I had fun and would do it again.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    left guard... and right tackle. Hated the coach and quit my senior year.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    DE and TE in High School.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Kicker, though I did get to play WR my senior year in four games.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Sometimes wish I was born in the states just so I could see how I would have done playing American football in school !
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Fullback.
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Center/ Long snapper through high school. But baseball was my better sport. Played baseball (Pitcher) in college.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Junior High my best position was the bench. I was terrible. Tennis and swimming were in my wheelhouse. Sure love football. Huge Chicago Bears fan here. Anyone think my team has a shot this year?

*think not thing*
  • wfp76
    wfp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    Played OT DT and in junior high I had a special play where I was a Full Back. Played on special teams also. A few years ago we had an Alumni Game it was great to practice and put the pads back on. It was alot of fun.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Kickoff and punt returner. I was 5'8" 145 lbs. Way too small to play anywhere else. Didn't experience my growth spurt until college.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I currently help coach my 11 year olds team. Girls were not allowed to play in my high school. So now I take it out on kids by beaning them with tackle dummies.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Fullback, Safety, DE in High School, Fullback / Halfback in college.

Now I'm defensive coach for a 4-6 graders team....
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I currently help coach my 11 year olds team. Girls were not allowed to play in my high school. So now I take it out on kids by beaning them with tackle dummies.

LOL

I started playing soccer at the age of 5...when I got into high school, I had never played football. I was on the field watching the boys and wondered if I could kick the ball through the goal posts and after a few tries I managed it. The coach had been watching and had me move the ball further back to see what my range was and told me I needed to tryout. I played all four years of high school (three different schools...Kansas, Louisiana and California) and loved it. I got to play receiver during practices and a few scrimmages, and then got to play in a few actual games my senior year. I got razzed in the beginning of each season at a new school, but it usually died down after a few weeks.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Fullback and Linebacker in Hawaii, Offensive Guard (Left) and D Tackle after moving to Utah while occasionally playing FB and LB in short yardage/goal line situations.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I played G, T, MLB, FB, OLB, DE, DT, K and P at one time or another.

There aren't many positions left (16 possibilities listed right there)...you could have been the 1 man team!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Kickoff and punt returner. I was 5'8" 145 lbs. Way too small to play anywhere else. Didn't experience my growth spurt until college.

I got cut from my University team, though I was only 5'6" about 150lbs, which is still more than I weigh now. In senior ball I was the smallest guy in the league.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    My younger years I played QB, TE, H-back, MLB, DE, SS, K

I played professionally as a TE.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    WR and Kicker. 3rd or 4th string all the time cause I was so small.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png