DEMOTIVATED AND EATING CHOCOLATE

Options
I feel unworthy of being on here for even thinking about posting this....

OK, so I'm pretty depressed about how I've eaten these past couple of weeks.

As I type I'm also eating a Bounty and I'm not sure why. I wasn't hungry, i hated myself for buying it even before i ate it and ate it anyway. Normally when i have a bad food day I'm all "**** you fat" tomorrow I will kick your *kitten*, and I'm back on it, but I don't even feel motivated to want to eat well and I don't know why. I just know if I don't get back on it, I won't. :(

Anyone felt like this before?

Any ideas for self motivation? xxx

Replies

• Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's not coming up for TOM or anything is it? I find when my hormones are all whacky (medical term that is ;P) I really suffer for 2 weeks from ovulation through until TOM arrives then I snap out of it. All motivation, self worth and everything just plummets and I want to park in front of the TV and continuously comfort scoff.

Contraceptive pill makes me terrible for it so I no longer take it. I've tried every herbal supplement out there until I found something which worked for me.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    We all have days where we're less disciplined - I think it's a mistake to expect this to NOT happen.

Having said that, I think the best way that I've found to handle it is to have a strategy. Here are some of my strategies:

- If I feel a craving or an urge to go eat something I know I'll regret, I'll go for a walk or do something physical instead.
    - I leave post-it notes all around my environment (at work, at home, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, in the pantry, etc) to remind myself of my goals.
    - I make a plan to burn off the calories I've just eaten THAT day - not TOMORROW or this WEEKEND, but, THAT DAY. Once you start seeing how much it takes to really burn off a bar of chocolate, you might be more hesitant the next time.
    - I also forgive myself for days I am less disciplined and don't allow it to bring down or derail my entire day/week/journey.

We're human. We're going to mess up and be undisciplined from time to time. Expect it and have a strategy in place BEFORE it happens. Forgive yourself. It's just one day.
  • MT30_backbone
    Options
    I'm actually in a similar "funk" right now. I haven't eaten horribly, although I have cheated more than I would like to admit, but I haven't gotten to the gym more than once or twice per week in the past 8-10 weeks! I don't know where my motivation went to work out! I had it at one time! I've been at pretty much the same weight since then. I was doing WW and lost almost 30 lbs. Then summer rolled around and things got busy. I decided to stop paying for WW to save some money and start counting calories, but since signing up for MFP I haven't been as motivated. Ugh!

As for tips to stay motivated... Hmmmm... I seem to be at a loss seeing how I can't keep myself motivated. :ohwell:
  • MissEStrange22
    Options
    I'm actually in a similar "funk" right now. I haven't eaten horribly, although I have cheated more than I would like to admit, but I haven't gotten to the gym more than once or twice per week in the past 8-10 weeks! I don't know where my motivation went to work out! I had it at one time! I've been at pretty much the same weight since then. I was doing WW and lost almost 30 lbs. Then summer rolled around and things got busy. I decided to stop paying for WW to save some money and start counting calories, but since signing up for MFP I haven't been as motivated. Ugh!

As for tips to stay motivated... Hmmmm... I seem to be at a loss seeing how I can't keep myself motivated. :ohwell:

Thanks for your support everone *eats other half of bounty*
    Maybe it is something to do with my hormones, but I need to be stronger than that. I can't make excuses for myself when things get harder.

I may force myself to go swimming tonight... i have no reason not to, aside from the fact i don't want to. :( Meh

My strategy is to resist two thirds of anything i'm offered haha poor strategy. :( xx
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    IIFYM has helped with me immensely. I had an ice cream sandwich last night, and I don't feel even a little bad about it. I still hit my goals for fat and protein, and my calories were where I needed them, so I used my leftover calories for dessert (and a bowl of apple jacks, which are basically dessert). There's no reason to feel bad about eating "bad" food if you have the calories left over and you macros look good. No food is off limits for me if I really want it. It made eating a lot less stressful.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling like it too on/off the last two weeks. It's gotten to me twice. Last Thurs and then last night. Except last night was different, I was eating rubbish I didn't even want and didn't feel particularly compelled to eat. I was just eating for the hell of it, so I was kinda annoyed at myself and just felt like giving up all together. I was on a real downer til I logged into MFP and got a lovely message from a friend which kicked me into gear. I went to the gym and got my workout in - 3 miles of intervals on the treadmill and I felt better. However, I can feel my mood is going downhill again right now, hence I find myself here on this forum. I wish I had an answer but I don't. All I can say is, I know how u feel....it sucks. I'm determined that I won't be pigging out tonight though.

Dunno what's wrong with me but I kind of don't feel myself and like I'm coming down with some kind of sickness bug. It's been going on for days on end and I'm getting fed up now. I wish it would just hit me with it so I can move on and get out of this "mood" i'm in...