This Time Last Year (Over 140 lbs down *PICS*)

Options

Replies

• mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful post :-) So Happy for you! Congratulations pretty lady!
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing your story and CONGRATS on your baby on the way :D
  • carlosapolinarioferreira
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, congrats on our baby. Very nice story. Stories like yours is what keeps us all going.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great job - you are very inspiring! Congratulations on your weight loss and blessing to you and your family.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Success indeed! Yes, what seems like the little things to most...seat belts, eyeing the chair and booths...are major to an overweight person....unless you've walked those shoes, you could never truly appreciate its worth. So happy for you and your beautiful family!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    August of 2012 I am almost reluctant to admit I was the woman in these photos. I had my son a month prior and even after losing the initial "water weight" I still weighted over 330 lbs, but after holding my "miracle baby" (I was told I would never get pregnant due to weight and PCOS etc) I knew I needed to make changes in my life if I wanted to be around for my son so I began my journey...

79d19e0b-8f6f-4dd5-9111-6a3846fa5261_zps84336287.jpg

Today, I am down to 211 lbs, still 50+ pounds away from my goal, but very pleased to say that we are expecting another child and are 9 weeks pregnant. Seeing how much can happen in just a year's time just blows my mind, my one year old son is learning at the speed of light, am now expecting another "miracle baby" and I have learned and sustained a healthy lifestyle that I will not only maintain for myself but pass on to my children as well.

86fd2bd9-1175-45d0-976e-6f7a38fe6b71_zps3bb06f7c.jpg

I just want to tell all of you that there IS life after obesity, take it from someone who was obese from childhood, and the life after obesity... well, its SWEET. I never knew how much of life I was missing out on... and while I am still about 15-20 pounds away from getting out of the obese category on paper, I am not obese in my day to day life, I slide down slides with my son, can sit in a booth very comfortably, swing on swings and can buckle seat belts, the whole 9 yards... and THAT is beating obesity to me. Best of luck to all of you on your journeys. Kalah

so very awesome!! What an inspiring story, Congratulations on everything you have accomplished and your new addition. Praying for a healthy pregnancy/delivery!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats on the 2nd miracle (as well as the first)!
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are setting a wonderful example for LOTS of people, and you & your family are reaping the rewards - good work, and congratulations!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    :heart: You are beautiful and so is your story! Applause! I hope I can have as much success as you!
  • chathur
    chathur Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gratz!
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are the BEST! What a motivating and AWESOME story. Thanks for sharing!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congrats on the new baby (and the toddler too!). You have overcome your medical issues (both of them) and have come out a winner. Can't wait to see new pics of the new baby and the rest of your journey!:smile:
  • pmalcolm
    pmalcolm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that is great news congratulations. What did you do to lose the weight?
  • beautifulgreeneyes80
    Options
    Amazing! You look fabulous and congrats on your miracle babies!!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! I'm so happy for you!
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind responses! At 20 weeks pregnant we have learned that we are going to be adding yet another boy to our brood, and we are very relieved to hear that from the ultrasound and my labs, things with the baby are looking very well. In 20 more weeks I will be holding the newest member of the Vera family in my arms, and will be ready to engage in BEAST MODE to get those last 50 pounds off... here's an update!

20131009_160351_zpsc062b446.jpg
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    OH MY!! I have no words---you look GREAT!! And even preggers, you don't look over 200 pounds!!

You have done WONDERFUL so far. Here is to your continued success.
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration for all of us especially the PCOS sufferers! :) well done and thanks for sharing !
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS and you are going to reach your goals after your sweet little guy arrives!

Congratulations on all of the blessings in your life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!