14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hey do you think that maybe it would be a good idea to make a new thread each week so it is easier to read the posts and find the "new" challenges...I don't know it's just a thought...LOVE THIS GROUP! Keep it up!!!
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love the sound of this challenge!

I like: Spending time with my daughters and Wife, Like playing my playstation 3.
    I don't like: being over weight
    Current typical or usual exercise: Home Cardio Workouts from Fitness.TV, PS3 Move: Sports Challenge- Gladiator, Bicycle, Walking.
    Current Starting Weight: to shy to say :blushing: , but lost 20lbs so far,
    Aim for next week: lose 2 lbs
    Personal 14 week Goal: lose 28 lbs

Good luck everyone ...
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    My new weight is still 200lbs ugh!
    My goal next week is 199lbs
    And I failed the challenge. I had chocolate although, it wasn't real chocolate. I tried protein bars that aren't chocolate flavored And I couldn't choke them down. sorry guys. just know it hurts to laugh tonight.
    I however have extremely soar sides because my trainer loves the new challenge.
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I posted yesterday, I for some reason thought that weigh in's were on Tuesday as well as the challenges. Ive been sick for the last few days and my weight was up a pound yesterday but I am slowly starting to get over the fever, and today I was back to my normal weight.

Sooooooo:

WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 134.2 (no change)
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 133.2!
  • Rudie
    Rudie Posts: 27
    Options
    Sorry I'm late - had a virus and not been online

Weight this week - 181.6
    Goal for next week - 180
    This week's challenge - FAIL - had one square of dark chocolate. Chocolate's not my weakness though, and I only have some a couple of times a month, so I'm not worried.

Situps will start today or tomorrow, depending on how quickly my cold goes, and how soon I can breathe again!
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    I posted Wednesday my update. Is weigh in on Tuesdays or Wednesdays?
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Missed my weigh in yesterday because I got up late.

Today I was 120.4 (about the same)
    Goal for next week: break 120
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I did my fifty sit ups for two days. :)

C.W. 147

Goal for next week: 146

Good luck everyone! :)
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I like: BIBLE STUDY, CHRISTIAN MEETINGS, SPENDING TIME WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY, LISTENING TO MUSIC OF ALL TYPES, ADVENTURES!!!!
    I don't like: HOMINY
    Current typical or usual exercise: WALKING AND EXERCISE VIDEOS
    Current Starting Weight: 180 IBS
    Aim for next week: 179
    Personal 14 week Goal: 166 IBS
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Boy I'm glad I checked the thread - forgot about the challenge this week!!! I've done it every other night, just not tonight....on my way to get it done!!!
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stuck at same weight but woo as I did initially gain2 pounds!
  • kaskanataliaanna
    kaskanataliaanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone!!!!!!!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Christmas Challengers!

I have a problem --- there are now so many of you that I literally don't have time to make the charts every week.

I feel horrible about this, I have a full time job and study 2 nights a week so when started the group I envisaged maybe 20 or so challengers and thought I'd be able to make a snazzy chart in my lunch hour one or two days a week. However there are currently over 100 of us and the group is still growing! I've been working on the chart for my last two lunch breaks and am nowhere near finishing! I've recently moved house and havent got internet set up yet so I haven't been able to work on this in the evenings either. It just seems to take forever to transfer all the details across and then make sure everything is correct plus add all of you new members and work out what week you're all working on. As the weeks go on and more people join/leave I can only imagine that the time needed will increase and I think I need to admit defeat on the chart front right now!

I'm really sorry, I HATE to let you all down when we have such a good group going!! I hope that the challenge can continue without weekly charts though - there'll still be a weekly challenge and we'll still post our results but instead of a weekly chart I'll make one at the very end so we can compare starting weights with finishing weights and have a leaderboard and special mentions, challenge highlights etc. all as originally planned.

Does this sound ok? I hope everyone will still stick with the Christmas Challenge and keep posting their results, stories, encouragement and anything else they'd like to share despite not being able to see their results on a nice chart every week!

Thanks for being such a great group!

:)

P.S. On the off-chance that anybody else would like to attempt the charts each week you are more than welcome, I wish it could be me!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Christmas Challengers!

I have a problem --- there are now so many of you that I literally don't have time to make the charts every week.

I feel horrible about this, I have a full time job and study 2 nights a week so when started the group I envisaged maybe 20 or so challengers and thought I'd be able to make a snazzy chart in my lunch hour one or two days a week. However there are currently over 100 of us and the group is still growing! I've been working on the chart for my last two lunch breaks and am nowhere near finishing! I've recently moved house and havent got internet set up yet so I haven't been able to work on this in the evenings either. It just seems to take forever to transfer all the details across and then make sure everything is correct plus add all of you new members and work out what week you're all working on. As the weeks go on and more people join/leave I can only imagine that the time needed will increase and I think I need to admit defeat on the chart front right now!

I'm really sorry, I HATE to let you all down when we have such a good group going!! I hope that the challenge can continue without weekly charts though - there'll still be a weekly challenge and we'll still post our results but instead of a weekly chart I'll make one at the very end so we can compare starting weights with finishing weights and have a leaderboard and special mentions, challenge highlights etc. all as originally planned.

Does this sound ok? I hope everyone will still stick with the Christmas Challenge and keep posting their results, stories, encouragement and anything else they'd like to share despite not being able to see their results on a nice chart every week!

Thanks for being such a great group!

:)

P.S. On the off-chance that anybody else would like to attempt the charts each week you are more than welcome, I wish it could be me!

BABE XXXXX

Don't feel bad xxxx

There's so much work involved there I'm not surprised you don't have time.

We can all carry on posting our results and venting our issues and trying our best with the challenges.
    Everyone will understand.
    And there are so many people now doing it, I think it's great to have more people and in any one who wants to join should be able to but it shouldn't mean more stress for you hun xxx

You have not let us down xxxxxxxxx

I'm doing good with the sit ups but the way!!! Made a bit of an error with my last amount per minute, more like 50!!
    But I'm doing about 100 in the 2 minutes non stop so it's all good :oD

Mel :flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Of course it's okay - with me, at least. It was incredibly detailed as it was and I thought you were crazy for attempting to do such an insane thing, with people dropping in and out throughout the challenge. I like charts, but only one other weigh in group I know does them (and three people work on them, I think). As long as we know how many more weeks and keep getting the challenges, we'll have to take on the ownership of reading each other's posts instead of just the chart/leaderboard!
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Mel, you must have serious abs - well I already know that from your bikini pics but wow, 2 mins non-stop of crunches is some going!!

I feel a bit of relief now I've admitted I was struggling, I was coming on and looking at the thread and thinking oh my goodness how am i going to have time to add all this info to the chart instead of enjoying the posts and encouragement so hopefully now the Christmas Challenge will be a lot more fun!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Totally understandable!!!! I think one chart at the end is a fab idea and if you need any help then I will be more than happy to help :) xxx
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Totally understandable especially since I have no clue how many people are on this challenge now. What about starting a seperate Christmas Challenge post strickly for weigh in updates on Tuesday? It is hard to keep up with everything on one post. I will help in any way I can. If we get enough people to chip in one way or another then we can keep up with every thing. Ideas anyone?

My idea: 14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge Post (part 1) This can be where we find out our weekly challenges and just chit chat.

14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge Post (part2) Weigh in / Check-in ONLY! All other questions and concerns
    must be posted on part 1.

At least this way if we can't see a chart we have it all in 1 place.

Also, when we weigh in everyone make sure to date the weigh in. Example: Week 2 weigh in

This will make it easier when new people join.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    We also need people to let the newbies know the new challenge for the week. I've seen some still think it's the one with chocolate.
  • I don't have time to look through all these postings to find the challenge for the week... :0(.

My starting weight was 172.5 lbs.
    I am down 1.5 lbs to 171.00!!:drinker: