possible to lose 15-20lbs in 2 weeks?

Options
my daughters having a party in about 2 weeks, so i wanted 2 know if its possible to lose 15-20lbs by then? and if so, how?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    No, it's not. Unless you lose a body part. :)
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Maybe 4lbs in 2 weeks
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Tapeworm?

Seriously, no.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Plastic Surgery and amputation have a good sucess rate.
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    Nope. You might find a diet that'll give you a large amount of scale loss if you make yourself miserable over the course of the next 2 weeks, but your loss will be mostly water and muscle loss. You'll regain the water as soon as you start eating normally again, but losing the muscle will only make you look worse in the long run. Seriously, if anybody tells you, "HEY you can lose 10+ pounds in the first 2 weeks!" that is almost always the first sign that you should stop listening from that point on, because it's probably a stupid fad diet.

Try eating clean and starting cool running's couch to 5k program. I always lean out quite noticeably within the first few weeks of starting it. Plus when you gently ease into running, you might find that you like it enough to keep doing it xD.

Alternatively, try Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet. The ebook is like $40 I think, and it is definitely miserable, but it's scientifically backed and it's the only safe way to crash diet (for short periods ONLY) and lose weight. Keep in mind though that if you do it for 2 weeks, you're just going to regain everything you lost when you break it probably.
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wish the most would about 5 or less
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Did you gain that 15-20 pounds in 2 weeks?

Lemme tell you, it's much easier to gain than to lose, so if you didn't gain the weight in 2 weeks, you ain't gonna take it off in 2 weeks.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Only if you give birth.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1lb = ~3500 calories.

Do you think you could make a deificit of 52500 to 70000 calories in two weeks in a safe way?

Probably not a good idea.

• BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    snerk.

:laugh:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I think it is.. you watch that new show naked and afraid.. they do it all the time!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Did you gain that 15-20 pounds in 2 weeks?

Lemme tell you, it's much easier to gain than to lose, so if you didn't gain the weight in 2 weeks, you ain't gonna take it off in 2 weeks.

This
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    It's possible, but EXTREMELY unhealthy and not recommended. Your body would likely be in starvation mode. The most I've done (in an unhealthy master cleanse way) was about 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I do not recommend it.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get flack for this. Technically, yes it is possible. In the show "Extreme Weight Loss" they lose like 100 pounds in 90 days.

HOWEVER these people are morbidly obese at that point in time (you are not), they are exercising for 4 hours a day (you are not) and they are under close nutritional and physical examination (you are not). All these make it easier to lose weight faster, and safely.

So, possible? Yes. Possible for you? No way in hell. You will be lucky to lose 5 pounds in those 2 weeks. Don't be an idiot, be healthy.

So in other words DON'T EVEN TRY, YOU WILL PROBABLY END UP KILLING YOURSELF.
  • StarrySkies10
    StarrySkies10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink nothing but water for 2 weeks. Then you aren't really losing any fat, and you can really damage yourself doing that.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Not in a healthy way
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Next time.....start earlier.....
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Now seriously, simple maths.

Let's suppose your daily TDEE is around 2200. That's an okay shot for most females who are just a little bit overweight or normal weight, without exercising. You can find the actual number http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ here.
    That means you'll need 2200 x 7 = 15400 calories a week to maintain your weight.

Add a 500 cals deficit a day and you'll lose one lb a week. That means the maximum you would lose without exercising, considering simple maths, would be a little over 4 lbs a week (IF YOU FASTED).

20 lbs seems impossible.

Now, if you only go by the scale, you'll lose water as well. It's not real weight loss, and it oscilates depending on several factors.

I'd say get flattering clothes, pamper yourself and rock a nice make up. You don't need to put your body into starvation and your health in danger in order to feel and look great.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Oh its this thread again
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Only if you give birth.

LMAO!