possible to lose 15-20lbs in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• SHHitsKaty
    SHHitsKaty Posts: 301
    Options
    A good friend of mine did but that's because he was cutting weight for a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition, he did it the right way and even the right way doesn't mean it's healthy.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    ...for your kids party? does she have really judgmental friends or something?
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to yourself this way! YOU ARE FINE THE WAY YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. Eat healthier, exercise a few times a week and your weight loss will come to you. People don't invite you to parties to show up skinny. They invite you for YOU the way you ARE to spend time with you.
  • Bullstone08
    Bullstone08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but definiely not healthy. Healhty weight loss is anywhere from half a pound to Two lbs max/week.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Chop off your arm.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    In a word: No. 2 to 4 pounds maybe.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Is someone going to weigh you at your daughter's party? Are you partaking in some activity that has a weight restriction you don't meet, like a bouncy house or something?
  • relith
    relith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone already said the realistic answer is no. But....what you can do in 2 weeks is starting to make small lifestyle changes to eventually get you to your goal.

Whenever I hear someone say they wish to lose X pounds by Y date, I get a little worried honestly. And the shorter the amount of days, the worse things tend to go.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Only if you give birth.

Sadly, this was NOT the case for me ... I was 137lbs the morning I went into the hospital for a scheduled c-section. Had a 6lb 10oz baby, came home 4 days later and weighed 142lbs. :sad:
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I did dave palumbo keto diet, very strict. worked at around 2k cals iirc and I lost 14lb in two weeks, A lot of it water. Can be done.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I cant even imagine why you want to lose so much for a kids party unless the ex will be there.....enjoy the party its for your kid..eat some cake play some games....and be a good role model. don't leave memories of you passing out from lack of nutrition.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Only if you give birth.

LMAO!

Is your daughter pregnant with twins? I lost almost 15 pounds in a DAY when I gave birth to twins who weighed 6lbs 13 oz and 7 lbs 15 oz. Good luck!
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow. really? Loosing weight to impress others is a NOT a healthy reason to loose weight! Try expanding your circle of friends to those who really care about you, not your looks!!! Maybe some therapy for low self esteem would be a better investment for the next two weeks.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No, not possible. I have lost 6 lbs in 21 days though. Eating right and exercising. That's how you should do it. Otherwise it's not safe or permanent.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    No, not possible. I have lost 6 lbs in 21 days though. Eating right and exercising. That's how you should do it. Otherwise it's not safe or permanent.

Don't agree as I've done it safely and within a calorie range. The only method was changing the bodies energy source over via Keto. And it can be perm as long as the person sticks to it or makes the right lifestyle changes. You can live on a keto diet as well. Might have to supplement with vitamins and stuff but it's doable. I actually know of two diabetics who follow keto diets as it helps with their condition.

Here is what I was following for a 250lb male (EDIT: The DP diet is varied to people's weight and for women. As I was over 250LB I followed that variation of it.) DIRECT LINK TO DIFFERENT VERSIONS (Scroll down post around half way) http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/fb.ashx?m=3919456

7c942fe60163acb63b095d63248eaaf4.png

Here is a link to everything I needed to understand and learn about it. http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Dave-Palumbo-Keto-Diet-Questions-Ask-them-here-m3919436.aspx

Also the videos he made regarding it

Video 1 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lrfk_exclusive-species-nutrition-with-da_sport
    Video 2 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lquq_exclusive-species-nutrition-with-da_sport
    Video 3 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lq7u_exclusive-species-nutrition-with-da_sport

If anything it's worth reading up on as it's all come from the Atkins Diet however this is far more strict on what you can have.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Here is what I was following for a 250lb male
    and that's applicable to the OP, how...?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Not in any way that's even remotely healthy. And honestly, unless you're morbidly obese, I doubt you could even do it in an unhealthy manner in two weeks.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Oh absolutely! You'll need a surgeon and a sharp scalpel. Each leg (from hip down) weighs about 20 lbs, depending on your weight, so you'll likely only have to have 1 removed.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    is this a serious thread??? Like really....... I've read the OP's original post many times in disbelief and can not, for the life of me, think of WHY.............

*shakes head and walks away*
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Spanx is your friend for this type of situation. If you do try and lose a bunch of weight in such a short time, you'll probably gain it all back and more. So just don't do it. If you want to get healthy long-term and lose that 20 pounds in a sensible way, MFP is your friend.

THIS. Spanx all the way! I have a wedding this weekend and they will be my best friend Saturday. Give yourself a healthier goal for another event in the future.