Hello

Options
Hello Myfitnesspal world, I am a newcomer to the site. Started using it this week in conjunction with the Diabetes Dtour Diet. Let me preface all of this by introducing myself. My name is Lynn, I am a 34 year old wife, and mother of two from New Jersey. I am a Financial Controller by trade, but my weight has gotten out of control. How ironic, I have always been a thin girl, then I got pregnant with my first child, put on 80 pounds, and the gestational diabetes kicked in. The cycle continued with my second child, even though I gained only 13 lbs, I still hadnt taken off all the weight from the first. Long to short, I was up and down, last spring I lost around 30 pounds from exercising and dieting alone. 15 of those 30 crept back up. I am looking to loose the 15 and an additional 15, in hopes to be taken off of insulin and put on oral meds or no meds at all. I started the Diabetes Dtour Diet, and have been feeling great, so far, so good. I have been tracking my food intake and exercise on here, and am looking forward to the progress. So if anyone is out there with a similar story, or not, please reply, I would love encouragement, success stories, feedback, etc... Thanks!!!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Lynn! Good luck getting on track. This is a great place to help you stay on it.
  • lyndora1975
    Options
    Thanks Dan!!, btw, I love your saying, "your not on a diet, your just watching what goes past your teeth", and your right, it is so much more than a diet, its a lifestyle change!! I'm looking forward to the success!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Good luck on your journey xxx
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day to meet your goals and overcome challenges. Add me as a friend for support. I'm diabetic too, on insulin and medication, so I understand the struggle you are going through :)
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck! MFP is AWESOME! :smile:
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Lynn! The folks on here are awesome, and will cheer you on to success... You and I have similar stories. Well, except for the children. I just put on the weight just because... LOL. I go up and down, and up and down. I am looking to lose about 75 lbs. If you need support, feel free to add me. We can be buddies! :-)
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from another New Jerseyite (well, I'm an import from the UK, but live in Jersey.)
  • lyndora1975
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome!! I have been going through some of the profiles and message boards, and looks like MFP is pretty awesome. I will be doing my first weigh in on Sunday. That will be my full first week. I'm a little nervouse, but I will post my results, good, bad or ugly!, lol