Has the weight loss prediction been accurate for you?

Options

Replies

• akillilea0812
    Options
    A big issue with this prediction is that your body's weight loss will naturally slow down during your weight loss process. Your first couple of weeks will be larger losses because of water weight and the big changes you are making. Eventually you will settle into a routine (hopefully healthy range of 1-2 pounds per week). But like lots of other folks on here said, not everyday is going to be like today. I think it is a great motivator to see where you could be in a month's time, but dont take that number too seriously.

Keep it up! :)
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine have been coming off faster than predicted for the most part, when I'm bang on with my calories.

Me too
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing, and have been keeping track for the past 7 weeks or so. Every day, I note the amount I "should" weigh in my calendar five weeks ahead, and mark on the current day whether I am under or over the predicted weight. As of today, I've logged 19 days coming in over the predicted weight and 22 days coming in under.

Take into account that some days are anomalous because I ate more than I should have and the predicted weight is something like 6-10 lb higher than normal.

Overall, it's probably a decent guideline to use in the most basic sense (am I trending down or trending up?). Wouldn't put trust in real accuracy.
  • baseballs4me
    baseballs4me Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take it as a suggestion. The other thing that helps me is I only weigh myself about once a month, that way if I plateau, I don't see it, and I've always lost at least something. I have it set to only lose a pound a week, and for the most part I've exceeded that (not by a great deal but enough to keep me motivated).
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nope, these last few lbs are pretty stubborn!
  • funsizedchick
    Options
    I take it as a suggestion. The other thing that helps me is I only weigh myself about once a month, that way if I plateau, I don't see it, and I've always lost at least something. I have it set to only lose a pound a week, and for the most part I've exceeded that (not by a great deal but enough to keep me motivated).

That's actually a really good suggestion because if you weigh yourself everyday and don't see a change it will make you feel discouraged and maybe even drive you to starve yourself or exercise more than necessary. I think I'm gonna do that instead of weighing myself every morning! Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No, I would have reached my goal a long time ago...it keeps dangling that low weight in front of me like a carrot! Guess what, everyday IS like today and yet I'm NOT the weight you promised. They need to revamp that IMO!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This for ME TOOO!! I hate seeing that after 7 months my predicited weight has never been on target lol
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Bump
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I always do what MFP tells me to :wink:

^ Joke, of course. No, not very accurate. I think what they're trying to do is let you know if you're generally on track toward the goals you've set. I like to press the button and have it fuss at me for *eating too few calories*. It's in bold, red text - what's not to love?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    sherlockummno_zps3395efe2.gif
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sounds great but NO! :noway:
  • rlinaresv
    Options
    Judge by yourself. It's not perfect but it follows the trend
    r1h9j8.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear...no...it is not accurate...it's a forecast, not an exact number.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can I have a LIKE button please for zyxst's marvellous gif, and also for rlinresv's very useful graph!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    No, I would be 192 lbs months ago. 199 lbs at present.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only started yesterday. When I put in my stats, weight and goal weight into the main page I wrote that I would like to lose 2lbs per week. It came back to tell me that I would lose 0.8 per week which was a bit discouraging. I would be hoping that at least the first week I would lose more than that.
  • rlinaresv
    Options
    Thanks Melaniecheeks. I find very usefull keep record of mostly everything. It helps me a lot to visualize where I want to be
    Cheers
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    No, for me everything happens in fits and starts. I do like the motivation it gives though - "If every day is like today," I think, "I can be X pounds!"
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    No, I would have reached my goal a long time ago...it keeps dangling that low weight in front of me like a carrot! Guess what, everyday IS like today and yet I'm NOT the weight you promised. They need to revamp that IMO!

Yeah THIS
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel good when i see it because its almost always lower than where i figure i will be. I finally started writing it down to keep track of about a week ago - so in 4 weeks i will see. Of course everyday is different since i exercise more or less each day. Its fun to see though when i have exercised for 3 + hours that day!
This discussion has been closed.