Book you are reading or listening to

Options

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I'm on the last one, and OMG, it's making me cry. I am sooooooo emotionally invested in these books.

I'm planning on reading Game of Thrones next. I've heard so much about them, I think they'll be interesting.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Dan Brown's Inferno. Last book I read was Wuthering Heights. I read that a lot, I love it :flowerforyou:

Also currently reading Inferno.
  • ThreasaRenee82
    Options
    James Potter and the Hall of Elder's Crossing. Rereading the first 3 of the series so that I can read the 4th book for the first time :) If you like Harry Potter then you should check into this series that are about his son! They are by G. Norman Lippert.
  • liny13
    liny13 Posts: 3
    Options
    During the year I only have time to read books assigned by my university, but in the summer break I alwaysI re-read my favourite books. Right now it's The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    James Patterson "Kiss the Girls"
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beth Gutcheon - Gossip
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Four to Score (Stephanie Plum series) by Janet Evanovich
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Dog Sense
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    I'm reading "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb. It's great!
  • missems1
    missems1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A feast for crows.
  • Jaxper
    Jaxper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cassandra Clare's City of Bones (first of The Mortal Instruments). It was pretty good, I'll continue the series.

Prior to that was Dan Brown's Inferno (last book - so far - of the Robert Langdon series). It was fantastic, as with the rest of the series so far.

Currently reading CS Lewis's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (third of Chronicles of Narnia series). So far so good. They're all incredibly easy reads meant for children/teenagers, but I've never read them so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I've been alternating between a Narnia book and a book of choice until I finish the Narnia series. Next on the list for me is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card so I can finish it before the movie comes out. After that I'll probably continue the Mortal Instruments series before diving into another series.

Other books that I've read recently that I would recommend are the books in A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) by George RR Martin and the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.
  • ThreasaRenee82
    Options
    Love Dean Koontz. His Odd Thomas series are some of my favorite :)
  • Currently reading: A Song of Ice & Fire: Clash of Kings (Book 2) (George R.R. Martin) while on a break from the Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) and Agatha Christie's Complete Poirot.

Just finished: Life, Love, Elephants: An African Love Story by Dame Daphne Sheldrick (two thumbs way up!), White Teeth by Zadie Smith (two thumbs way down!), and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith (1.5 thumbs, if that's possible).

Next Up: The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild (Lawrence Anthony) and Periodic Tables: A Cultural History of the Elements, from Arsenic to Zinc (Hugh Aldersey-Williams)
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cassandra Clare's City of Bones (first of The Mortal Instruments). It was pretty good, I'll continue the series.

Prior to that was Dan Brown's Inferno (last book - so far - of the Robert Langdon series). It was fantastic, as with the rest of the series so far.

Currently reading CS Lewis's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (third of Chronicles of Narnia series). So far so good. They're all incredibly easy reads meant for children/teenagers, but I've never read them so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I've been alternating between a Narnia book and a book of choice until I finish the Narnia series. Next on the list for me is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card so I can finish it before the movie comes out. After that I'll probably continue the Mortal Instruments series before diving into another series.

Other books that I've read recently that I would recommend are the books in A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) by George RR Martin and the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.

The Narnia books are amazing. The first book I ever read on my own was The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I was about 7 I think, I could not put it down. I loved it and I still love it. Still got it now actually, all battered with it's yellow pages... and when I have nothing new to read it's one of the books I always go back to even though I'm nearly 30!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading 50 Shades of Grey..I have read it a few times before and just like the love story.

I am waiting for Origin from Jennifer Armentrout to come out though!
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Just finished 1930 the second in the series 1929 by ML Gardner. Great books based around the Depression period. Sounds boring but they are really interesting (fiction).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Becoming a Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The Beautiful Mystery - Louise Penny
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I always have several things going at once:

Current bathroom reading: Tannahill's _Food in History_
    On the kindle: miscellaneous free mystery novels alternated with historical journals such as slave and women's narratives
    Beside my chair: _The Recipe Writer's Handbook_, _The Flavor Thesaurus_, and _Inside the Jewish Bakery_

Oh, and then there's the mags: _New Scientist_, _Funny Times_, _The New Yorker_, _National Geographic_ ...
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Room by Emma Donoghue & 50 Shades Freed.

Next will be Catching Fire before the movie comes out.