Alcoholic Beverages

Options
I know that someone trying to lose weight should refrain from alcohol all together but in the rare occasions you do have a beverage what do you think is the least caloric beverages. Not a fan of the skinny girl brand drinks that have become popular.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I drink all the time. Vodka, soda or diet tonic with lime - or shots of Tequila.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Mmm alcohol. Had Malibu and diet cokes last night, some bud light limes the night before. As long as you are counting the calories in them and making room for them in your day you can drink what you like :drinker:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Some bartenders make their own versions of skinny cocktails, which can be quite tasty. Don't discount the power of a GOOD bartender. Also, Vodka, diet tonic, and lime is a common "diet" drink.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink wine or craft beers- and the occasional gin or vodka cocktail. Or margarita. Ha. Life's too short for "skinny" booze. I just try my best to make an allotment for it.
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    personally myself i'm a vodka or tequila drinker and I prefer them straight without any chasers, and vodka is normal 70-95 cals per shot, but unfortunately when you're at a bar that free pours or have a "regular" bartender they are normally not pouring an actual shot. Would you still think that will probably be fewer calories then if I pick a "skinny cocktail" or a mixed cocktail?
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Vodka/flavored vodka with Crystal Light water. :) Basically just the calories of the liquor.

I actually order mine in a pint glass with ice, I add my shots as 1.5 oz, if that helps. They may even be as much as 2 oz, but counting them this way hasn't hindered my progress, and I drink at least once per week on a general basis.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    personally myself i'm a vodka or tequila drinker and I prefer them straight without any chasers, and vodka is normal 70-95 cals per shot, but unfortunately when you're at a bar that free pours or have a "regular" bartender they are normally not pouring an actual shot. Would you still think that will probably be fewer calories then if I pick a "skinny cocktail" or a mixed cocktail?

Drink what you want. Honestly in the end, unless you are making them you will never know exactly how many calories are in them. Just plan your day accordingly.
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options

You could always tell your bartender to go easy on the booze. Stick to vodka and have it with soda and either lemon or lime. Stay away from diet sodas, they are horrible for you!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    UV Vanilla Vodka and Dt Coke is pretty good and it's 90 calories per shot and a half drink.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I drink! haha

Wine is a good choice or I like alcohol + club soda + fruit. Tequila/soda/lime or vodka/soda/blueberries, etc. Lower calories without the fake. I also just like alcohol straight up though.
  • sharae216
    Options

You could always tell your bartender to go easy on the booze. Stick to vodka and have it with soda and either lemon or lime. Stay away from diet sodas, they are horrible for you!

Yes I don't add any sodas to it just the lime slice if anything.
  • sharae216
    Options

Drink what you want. Honestly in the end, unless you are making them you will never know exactly how many calories are in them. Just plan your day accordingly.

Very true! Unless you're measuring yourself you never know. I usually try to get in a great workout and plan my food choices better on the drinking days. lol
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Straight alcohol will almost always have less cals than the same size mixed drink.

However, if you're in the mood, here's my fave marg recipe.

1 1/2 oz or more REALLY GOOD Silver tequila...whatever brand you like, but get a good one.
    1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
    1/2 to 1 oz agave nectar. I prefer 1/2 oz.

Shake really well in shaker with ice.

Drink that baby back.

It's better if you're in a pool on a floatie.....
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I drink quite a bit a couple days a week and still lose weight. Just make sure you have room for it.

If you still want to go for a "skinny" cocktail, I always drink whiskey sours with just plain lemon juice and you can add a packet of your own sugar if it's too sour for you. Sweet N Sour mix also isn't THAT bad, just ask the bartender to go easy on it. But, since you're a tequila kinda person, one of my friends swears by Patron with straight up lime juice. I had a sip and it really was soooo good. I think vodka is kinda high in calories anyway but I could be wrong, am not a fan. Have fun! :drinker:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Make it fit. I'd slap someone if they tried to take my craft beers away. I'd slap them long, hard, and make them think about what they did.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I found vodka called Smirnoff sorbet light. It only has 78 calories per serving. The only one I have tried is the mango passion fruit. Mmm :smile:
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Make it fit. I'd slap someone if they tried to take my craft beers away. I'd slap them long, hard, and make them think about what they did.

And then I'd grind salt in their eye sockets. Make the boozes fit in your lifestyle and be happy.
  • fatgulegule
    fatgulegule Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink Beck's Premium Light beer.... 65 calories a bottle
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I know that someone trying to lose weight should refrain from alcohol all together

WHO HAS BEEN SPREADING SUCH LIES??!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

And then I'd grind salt in their eye sockets. Make the boozes fit in your lifestyle and be happy.
    use their tears to brew a Gose.