I need more fiber! suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElaB29
    ElaB29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a good simple soup recipe , its scottish slimmers and V tasty , plent of fibre and veg in it

2 stick celery
    2 small onion
    2 carrots
    1 clove chopped garlic or 1 teaspoon lazy garlic

sweet the above in a little water for 5 -10 minutes
    add 2 veg stock or oxo cubes and 6-800 mls boiling water
    100g cabbbage and 1 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes

simmer all of this for about 20 minutes and you have nice filling soup .

season with dried or fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste

Good luck .

PS , often my sugar levels are too high but most ofit is from fruit, so i try not to dwell on this too much.
  • Mekatluvr
    Mekatluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Definitely more vegetables, and if not, I add flavor free fiber powder, like benefiber, in my yogurt, protein shakes, and anywhere else I can think of to meet my daily fiber intake.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I take sugar free fiber gummies. 2 gummies = 5 g (10 calories)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My dachshund likes the orange flavored Metamucil. You should see the way her litle tail wags when I mix up her dinner.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    more roughage...veg and fruit, whole grains, beans, etc.

Also, what's your current intake? I try to get around 35 grams per day...usually in the 35 - 40 neighborhood.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My dachshund likes the orange flavored Metamucil. You should see the way her litle tail wags when I mix up her dinner.

hB6302BC4
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    one of the best sources is home cooked rolled oats or steel cut oats, High in fibre and nutrients, keeps you full and no sugar unlike the prepackaged brans, corns and wheats sold on every supermarket shelf that if you read the labels closely most have 4 tsps. of sugar added per small serving among the other additives.

If you want to sweeten your oatmeal add a little bit of honey it taste great with honey and unsweetened almond milk if you like a nutty flavor.
    Also make sure you have a small serving of fresh fruit. Part of the daily requirement but much more filling and a lot more nutrients than refined sugar.
  • JustSammi
    Options
    Linseed/Flaxseed, they're cheap and easy to incorporate into things. I mix 2 tbsp into my breakfast. You could also put them into smoothies/shakes or even sprinkle over salads or mix into your evening meal.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables and wholegrain. A word of warning tho', if you up your fibre you need to drink more water or other fluids too.Without them the fibre can cause constipation, weird as it sounds.
  • rn000
    rn000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    An excellent and easy solution to your problem, quest bars. Around 20grams of fibre in one bar! Enjoy