Primal Blueprint...constipation!!

Options
2»

Replies

• bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is not a question out of judgement but is avacado really a paleo food? I did not think the diet based itself off of the region historically known for incorporating avacado in its diet.

Almost any fruit or vegetable is considered paleo as it's all natural. Avocado is a staple in the paleo diet because it's a tasty healthy fat!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    so is it accurate for me to say that people who follow primal... are full of crap?

:tongue:

(sorry OP, not making fun of you. this joke was just too easy to resist) :wink:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    so is it accurate for me to say that people who follow primal... are full of crap?

:tongue:

(sorry OP, not making fun of you. this joke was just too easy to resist) :wink:

I gigglesnorted
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Water and leafy greens like spinach, kale and bok choi are your friends.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    medimucel...or dates.

I'd at least wait until the third date before asking for help with this, though.

Ahhhh...this is where I have been going wrong with my dates...noted :laugh: :laugh:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    If you insist on eating primal, eat more fats. It will help you poop.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Try some legumes and whole grains.

<< Eats enough fiber. Goes 2-3 times a day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd like to point out that while very healthy in many ways, spinach (and most vegetables, really) is not a great fiber source. Fruit has a ton. Veggies not so much, with few exceptions.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I never had that problem. Drink lots of water, eat lots of veggies & fruit, dairy in moderation. (collards, spinach, kale, chard, berries, peppers, chiles, broccoli) If you are really uncomfortable senna tea can help.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    People say WATER! but i drink like 10 glasses a day and eat at least 2-3 pieces of fruit and i still have to take a stool softener about every 3 days . unless I've eaten something like beans . i try to add fiber supplements (stir ins) to my water sometimes too.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Increase your veggie intake - especially dark leafy greens - and hydrate! You may be partially dehydrated, getting used to the diet, and eating a little too much meat (as a ratio to veggies). I find that a good ratio is 5-6 cups of veggies (mostly dark leafy greens) to protein about the size of my palm is good for a meal (versus 6oz of steak and a cup of green beans, etc).
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Try some legumes and whole grains.

<< Eats enough fiber. Goes 2-3 times a day.

That'll be the 20 bit of 80/20 then. :)

I've read the book, ate that way for a while, saw that I didn't need to restrict anything, doing fine now.

The 'Carbohydrate Curve' is laughable by the way ...

I still wear my Grok t-shirt but I make sure I'm munching a sandwich when I'm out in public.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People say WATER! but i drink like 10 glasses a day and eat at least 2-3 pieces of fruit and i still have to take a stool softener about every 3 days . unless I've eaten something like beans . i try to add fiber supplements (stir ins) to my water sometimes too.
    What kind of fruit? An apple, orange or banana only have 3 grams of fiber on average. Strawberries have barely any at all.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    medimucel...or dates.

I'd at least wait until the third date before asking for help with this, though.

:laugh: