Women 5'4"/5'5" looking for your success stories

Options

Replies

• hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5"! So right where you are asking, haha... I started at 185 after babies and got down to 170 with diet/exercise over a 3 month period, then with ASAP (like HCG diet) I got to 155 in 3 weeks and was loving it! I maintained for 6 months then I moved and gained 10 back (stress eating mixed with poor food choice)

So back at 165.. and now trying the diet again (As Slim As Possible for 6 weeks) and walking twice a week to get to 140 by October 1st. I've already lost 5 pounds in 5 days! I'd love to be 140! That is the smallest I have ever been, even in highschool I was 160.

SW: 185
    CW: 160
    GW: 140

(Although now I see here a lot of people at 140 want to get to 125, so that will probably be my new GW after I get to 140!)

And I'd love more friends too! Please add me, my diary is also public!
  • ericasb75
    Options
    I am 5'4" and almost exactly 2 years ago I started Weight Watchers at 225 pounds! I could barely squeeze into size 18 clothing. I lost 70 pounds in about 10 months on their program, which I loved. I switched to MFP to save a little money each month.

My lowest weight was 155, I am currently 165. I'm working diligently again to reach my ultimate goal of 150. While I'd love to be 140, I'm not sure that I would look good that low. I can't imagine ever being in the 120s!

So all in all, I've basically maintained for a little over a year with a few bumps in the road. Good luck!
  • Afra84
    Afra84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 29, 5'4 SW186 GW130 CW137. I love to support and motivate others and be inspired. Feed free to add me if you log regularly and want to keep each other motivated :-)
  • BeautifullyB
    BeautifullyB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    ahoy there!

have been maintaining for a couple months, initially came on here to track my protein, which then triggered a relapse to an eating disorder which was not a fun time.

anyhoo, i am now maintaining around 106, started at 127. 5'4". what works for me is hiking and eating foods that are good for you. if you find you have hit a plateua then you may need to switch things up. i used to go on regular long walks then i started hiking for the same amount of time and started losing again because it was more intense on my body. or you may need to eat more to kind of kick that metabolism (dont weigh so you dont see an initial gain) then eat less again to help start losing, that worked for me anyway when i was trying to get my weight down.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.

My highest weight- 210
    Current weight- 156
    Goal Weight- 130 (but I'd love to see what I look like at 140!)

Started logging consistently this past July. Anyone with similar goals- feel free to add me!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    5'4" sw157 cw 131 ish. Can't seem to break into the 120's!! I recently went up to 140 but am now back to 131 ish. Hoping to get into the 120's in the next couple of weeks. I have a gluten intolerance so a lot of protein and little carbs. I'm also a runner but I've been at that for years. It doesn't seem to affect my weight loss. Add me if you like!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and 5'4.5.

SW: 168
    CW: 147
    GW: 130

Though my goal weight is 130, I'm trying to go by what I look like in my clothes rather than what my scale says (as scales have been known to lie). I try to eat as much "whole" food as possible: lean protein, veggies, eggs, cheese, yogurt, snacks I make on my own, avocado, etc. I workout 3-4 times a week--and they're pretty intense sessions (but I give myself 3 rest days a week to make up for that!).

Currently, I've also hit a rut-- I can't tell if it's my thyroid (couldn't refill my meds for two weeks), if it's the fact that my workouts got more intense and my body just has to get used to it in order to let go of some water weight or what. I got down to 142 earlier this year and I felt great. Though I've been feeling a bit swollen, I do feel fitter even now!

Hang in there and DON'T STOP TRYING --even if the scale goes up, DON'T STOP TRYING. That's been the biggest lesson I've learned!
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    *does dance.. Another 5 down! I'm so close to 140 I can feel it! Since I've only been under 155 a handful of weeks in my life I already feel far skinnier than I ever have. I know every pound after this will be extremely motivating.

What are the plateaus ya'll hit after 155??

I have strong, small, dense legs and an unruly gut (hereditary displacement, thanks dad). I've seen some mighty fine 155ers at 5'5" but I know I am still very much an apple. Maybe I'll always be *sigh*
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW ~220 (I didn't use a scale but I knew I was over 212 because I had already lost weight at that point)
    CW 174
    GW not really sure. I'm more about how clothes fit than a # really. I just want to be toned and awesome! My temporary # goal is 140

ETA - feel free to add me (anyone!); my journal is open to friends and I like seeing what other people eat for inspiration :) I'm vegetarian but looking to expand my options a bit :p
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    5'5" 41 yo

sw 195
    cw 136
    gw 131 Puts me in the middle of my BMI and I figure thats a good place to stop and maintain. Not too light and gives me wiggle room. Granted my pulmonary doctort thought that at 150 I was good lol. Anyway good luck it will eventually get there.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too.

SW: 196 (Highest recorded, but I know I was bigger. I stopped weighing.)
    CW: 123.6
    GW: 115?

I am not sure now. I know I'm close. I never exercised for the first 60lbs, so I am working on toning up at the moment. I would be happy here, or even a few pounds heavier if I looked better. I'm just exercising and eating right now. I try to keep my net at 12-1300 calories. I eat enough of my exercise to get that number. That seems to be working.

Plateaus? Hahahaha...um. I hit one at 160. It lasted a couple of months. Another at 139. Another couple of months. And then I was utterly stuck for two years at around 131.

The first 60lbs were just diet. I had a 1200 calorie/day plan with 3 allowed cheat meals per week. And that just stopped working at 130. Now that I'm eating more and moving more, I'm losing again. I've lost 10lbs in the last 2 months since I started trying to net my BMR. : _
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    *almost* 42 years old. 137 lbs. Started at 168. 5'5".Have come to realize that getting to 130 (or any other magic number) is more of a distraction than it is a real goal. I'm happy being a size 6. My body is strong and I can run a long distance. If I happen to drop a few more pounds. . .yippee. If not, I've already knocked off 30 and held it off for 18 months, so I'm pretty darned happy about that. My goals are now performance based (although my ticker will tell you I have 7 lbs to go....a hold over from a while ago). Strive to do your best, feel your best and perform your best. The scale may or may not ever land where you want it to, but you will be able to look at your list of accomplished goals with satisfaction!! Go get it!!!
  • hopemom4boys
    hopemom4boys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello - I am a bit older then you are looking for...but I have been have a ton of success on this plan. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 144lbs with 15 more to go - I am 46 years old. In my 30s after the birth of my first child I was able to maintain this weight without a problem. At the age of 39 I went on a medical help to have another baby. After a couple years of trying and gaining weight, I became pregnant at 41 and then again at 43 and then again at 45. So, my 40s have been spent without me being in charge of my body. Before the birth of my last child I checked in at 205! Ease to get to 179 with the birth and breastfeeding, but then it stopped. Knowing now that I will have no more children, no more medical drugs, I am now on the quest to reclaim my body. The first month, I dropped a 1/2 to 1 lb daily. Hitting the 150 mark was a stand still for awhile. Now 144, I have added more exercise. This program WORKS! I am held accountable and even record my cheating and when I want more to eat, I hit the exercise to gain more calories. I love it - and can get into clothes that I wore before my 3 year old was born. Look forward to getting off those last 15lbs! Good luck and stick with the program - it is great!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    5087f4a1-3ffe-4101-af64-c89428b380fa.jpg

5'4''
    Start around 215 (+)
    Second pic 135
    Goal 125-130
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 117. I started at around 183. Hoping to get down to 110. My biggest hump was at 142 and 136. Hang in there!

my hump is 136! good to know I am not the only one!
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had a baby six months ago. Easily went from 180 at birth down to 140ish and then stalled. Went crazy with my eating and gained back up to 148 and then got serious. Down to 137.4 as of this morning. My goal is 125 but that may be too low. I will start exercising today and hopefully the toning will help with how I look. Seven pregnancies have not been kind to my body and I need toning. BADLY.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm 54"

I have lost more than this, but last fall I was around 144, size 8

image_zpsd58ed9c1.jpg

And currently 132, size 4

image_zpseea863e2.jpg

I would like to lose a little more, but this feels like a bigger difference than in looks like. Good luck!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'4'' and 41 years old and doing great so far...

Here are my before and after pics so far:

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/sevastiti/story/91805?src=pb

My food & exercise diary are open to my friends, so if any of you want, feel free to add me as a friend.

Have a great day !
    Sevasti :)

You look amazing! Well done!! :heart:
  • heatherloveslifting
    Options
    5087f4a1-3ffe-4101-af64-c89428b380fa.jpg

5'4''
    Start around 215 (+)
    Second pic 135
    Goal 125-130

Amazing transformation! You look beautiful! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!