Today is a strange day for me..

Options
Been using MFP since July 25th, started at 256 and this morning was 235. Have had no problems with this diet at all until today. I can't get enough to eat for some reason. Have not gone over my calorie limit *yet* but have no control over my appetite today. Drinking extra water to help.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep. Some days I am just beyond starving all day. It happens. The best part is when it is followed by a nice loss on the scale. The worst part is when it isn't. :laugh: Going over occasionally shouldn't hurt anything though.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. A lot. I do my best to stick to my budget but I know exactly what you're talking about!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had the same day today. I didn't make the best choices, even though I "know" what to do. Just planning on my next choice being a heathy one. Gonna let the guilt of today go, lest I dwell on it.
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I admit I have had one or two days where I was really hungry even after using up all my calories for the day.

I think it was because I made poor choices, high calorie foods that really weren't very filling. As much as I love rice I am hungry five minutes after eating it. Same for pasta. Basically the high carb stuff. Gotta make sure I've got some protein in there. Veggies I enjoy but honestly they are filling for about five minutes, too, then I'm hungry again.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    The last two to three weeks I've been hungry enough to actually pass the upper end of my calorie range. I still showed a loss this week even going over several days.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I get that feeling about once a month, but I doubt that applies to you. Have you had your testosterone levels checked lately? It could be a sign of a hormonal imbalance.

Also, when was the last time you allowed yourself a re-feed? You should purposely over eat once or twice a month to keep the metabolism hot and burning lots of calories. One or two days a month of over eating isn't going to cause any permanent weight gain.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I get that feeling about once a month, but I doubt that applies to you. Have you had your testosterone levels checked lately? It could be a sign of a hormonal imbalance.

Ditto.

However, I've also had that problem occasionally when the timing was not right for a hormonal influence. On those days, I just get as close to my target as possible eating the most filling foods I can think of, so lean proteins and a bit of something fatty and stick-to-your-ribs, like peanut butter. But, I don't let myself get too hungry. If I'm really hungry but I'm at target ... I'll still eat a little more. I've never had to go over TDEE eating this way, but even if you do, remember you can compensate for it in exercise if you want, or by cutting back some extra tomorrow (or both) if it bothers you to have gone over.
  • krees78
    krees78 Posts: 10
    Options
    As some have mentioned, for most women it happens once a month...but this won't apply to you!

I go over my calories a couple of days a month - sometimes eating well just doesn't do it, and I eat junk - for example last night I had KFC (which I actually hate, but just had the craving for salty, crunchy stuff).

Won't do it again for at least another month, and I lost 0.5 kg this week. So going over a couple of days a month won't make a difference to the scales in the long run.
  • LosingWeightStinks
    Options
    Well I am glad that I am not the only one that has had this happen to them. I made it through that day without going over my limits. The next day was back to normal. I can't believe how much success I am having using this site. I never knew how much I really was over eating.

Thanks for all the replies. :)