I am sore! Need some tips!

Options
Just started my fitness journey. Had my first day at the gym yesterday and I am so sore today. Ibuprophen and bananas aren't cutting it. I am on a low fat/low cal diet. Any tips? Mostly leg and shoulder aches.

Replies

• NaughtyNancy69
    Options
    Use vasoline next time!
  • funsizedchick
    Options
    I started using compression wear and I'm a whole lot better than I was. I'm hardly sore at all now.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I would stretch.

Go for a walk.
  • elisabethspicer
    elisabethspicer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been stretching, and I'm a server, so I walk for about 8 hours a day. Sometimes for a couple hours straight without stopping.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Heating pad, soaking in a bath with epsom salt.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I have been stretching, and I'm a server, so I walk for about 8 hours a day. Sometimes for a couple hours straight without stopping.

Soreness is normal.
    It goes away, I promise you will be okay.
  • dove_song1
    dove_song1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new and was getting really sore. My husband suggested exercising M W F and giving my body rest for the other days. It really allows my body to recover. As I get in better shape of course I'll add more exercise in but you may want to start with that and see how it works for you.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Honestly, your body always hurts the most whenyou start a new exercise program. Ease into, gradually ramping up the intesity and work load. Make sure you eating well and allow adequate time for recovery. Keep faith that it will get better if you keep going.

Here's a tip: if you don't stop going then you'll never have to have a first exercise session again.
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    Your body loves protein when your exercising!! I always make sure to eat at least 100g of protein everyday. I do still get sore but it is not painful. It's sore. It happens in the first week or so of doing a program and then goes away. But the increased protein WILL help!!